Comics Uncovered
The Field Trip - Printable Version

+- Comics Uncovered (http://comicsuncovered.com)
+-- Forum: Beyond The Page - The Comics Uncovered Role Playing Games... (http://comicsuncovered.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Game: The Guardians of Twilight... (http://comicsuncovered.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: The Field Trip (/showthread.php?tid=162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Enchantress - 07-07-2004

"Actually..." AJ said as she pulled the flower from behind her ear and let it float in the water's surface..."Ah've cut back on that kinda thang. Found out you can have a good time without havin' ta pay tha porcelian goddess for it." she slipped out of his arms and dove under, coming up a bit away from him and just on the edge of the spray of the waterfall.
Looking over to where Vicki was laying on her shorts, she smiled at the dog.
"Ah made someone a promise that Ah'd keep it to an occasional drink...and Ah keep my promises." She pushed her hair out of her face, wet tendrils falling around her as her wings began to rise up behind her.
She shrugged a little at Cameron, trying to play it off. "Ah mean, it's not like we couldn't get called out any minute..."
Truth of the matter was, AJ couldn't handle her liquor anymore. A year away and a stomach pump or two later, she was just a bit wiser to know not to mix magick and booze.

"But if ya ask me ta dance, Ah'd take ya up on that all night." smiling softly, she began floating on her back on the waters surface.

- Tessa - 07-08-2004

Kei moved from where she was leaning against the fridge, and leaned into John trying to figure out who was on the phone.
“Is that De?” She asked, trying to grab for the phone. Kei wouldn’t admit it to anybody but she had really been worried about De and his whereabouts, if he hadn’t showed up in another couple of days though she was going to raid his drawers for any lingerie that would fit her.

- The Mighty Thor - 07-08-2004

Holding his hand over the mouthpiece of the phone, 'Vok confirmed to Kei that it was indeed De on the other end. "Yeah mate, I think we might be able to find some sort of transport back to the Apple. I know we gots that helicopter out there on the pad. If I can find somebody to fly it for me, we should be there in no time. Where do you want we should meet you?"

As 'Vok waited for De to reply, he placed his hand over the mouthpiece once more, turned to Chandi and grinned as he asked, "Looks like our little friend is stranded in New York. Feel like going for a ride to pick him up?"

- The Truth - 07-08-2004

Pondering the question for a moment De stood from the couch for a second and yanked up the pants that were threatening to relocate to his ankles, trying to picture in his head a proper meeting place as opposed to various darker green areas of Ms Walter's anatomy. After last night's little incident with that bug guy (No not Ant Man. The other one. Named after a bee or hornet or something) he certaintly didn't want to head back to the Avenger's mansion, and trying to fight traffic all the way to the airport would be more of a hassle than he was up for. Especially in this outfit.

Increasing his denisty somewhat he gripped the top hem of the jeans with an iron fist and held them in place as he sat back down for a fourth time that morning, a small smile curling his lips as the "perfect place" suddenly jumped into his head.

"Meet me atop that Four Freedom's Plaza place. Hard to miss with those gaudy fours plastered all over the thing. 'Jenny from da block' 'ere claims to be an honorary second stringer..."

"I heard that..." she called out from behind her door.

"...so I'll bet five against ten she can get me in."

- The Mighty Thor - 07-09-2004

"I'm sure we'll be able to find the place. And if not, I'll just hop out for directions. See you soon mate," 'Vok told De before hanging up the phone. Stretching his arms directly above his head, the pirate did his best to work out all the kinks that came along with nearly three whole days of being passed out on the incredibly uncomfortable floor of a superhero headquarters.

After a series of pops and groans, 'Vok began to feel much better. Or at least good enough to even think about mounting a rescue mission. But first, he would need accomplices. And he could think of none better than Chandi and Kei. Neither of them appeared to be all that busy, and assuming they didn't have an already full schedule of slacking off planned for the day, he figured they could tag along to pick up De. Of coarse 'tag along' was just a figure of speech. In actuality he would need one of them to fly the damned helicopter. Interstellar pirate ships and warp-drive capable smuggling vessels were one thing, Earth's love affair with the propeller was something else entirely.

Turning to the girls, 'Vok asked in a way that he hoped could not be refused, "Would you lassies be interested in a quick cruise up the coast to pick up our wayward friend? If so, grab your goods and meet me outside. I can't be sure, but me thinks we should hurry. De sounded like something was up."

- Tessa - 07-09-2004

“Brah, I’m always up for an adventure!” Kei responded with a grin, “Chandi’ll come too…she knows how to fly that heli.” The surfer answered for the other woman, the grin remaining on her features. She figured Chandi wouldn’t mind the trip, “He didn’t say what kinda trouble he got himself into? Guess I’ll just hafta give him twenty questions when I see him.” She left the kitchen, headed for her room to change quickly.

Kei appeared outside a couple minutes later, clad in a royal blue t-shirt and baggy cargo shorts, flip flops on her feet. She had also been smart enough to bring a sweatshirt, who knew what the temperature was gonna be like up in the air…
“Chandi out here yet?” Kei asked John as she spotted him.

- The Watcher - 07-10-2004

With the plan already in motion Kei, Chandi and 'Vok needed only to find the transportation to go pick up their wayward teammate. The three set out from the main house along one of the winding paths that led away from it. Eventually coming up over a small rise to see a helipad.
"Where do they get all these wonderful toys?" 'Vok said with a grin as he eyed the helicopter and the small jet. They were both US Military issue, it was pretty easy to tell. The helicopter had the marking of a UH-60 Blackhawk. Although it had been seriously modified into a sleeker, more stealthy type of copter.
The jet even modified, stood out. The rubbed out markings on the F-117 Stealth Nighthawk and the fresh paint job made them all realize maybe they were dealing with something here they hadn't thought of. They knew Val Cooper had no way in hell of procuring THIS type of aircraft, much less have the modifications done to it. So exactly who was their mysterious benefactor after all?

It took the group only a split second to figure out the quickest way to get De would be the jet. Once inside, Stray sat down in the pilot's seat and marvelled for just a moment at all the modifications. This thing made a Quinjet look like a paper airplane.
"Oh my god! It's got a cloaking device!" her eyes widened in shock, then a smile of satisfaction. Simply because, she was going to get to fly it.
"Hold on." she told Shift as he took the co-pilot's seat and Burst the jumpseat behind him.

Firefly had already gotten out of the water when she heard the whirling of the engines and felt the ground begin to shake.
"They've found the jet!" she called out to Lionheart over the noise and after a second, a sonic boom as the jet streaked away.
"Ah guess they've either found De, or decide ta hit Japan without us."
The couple made their way back into the main house, drying off as they went. The first place they headed was into the computer bay where Firefly hit a series of buttons and instantly the jet's flight pattern was being shown. Picking up a small headset mic, she put it on and spoke into it.
"Tell me ya've found De... Jetfuel ain't cheap."
Lionheart stood by and listened for a few moments, until he heard Vicki barking from the living room. Deciding Firefly had things in hand, he went to go check out her noisey annoying dog.
What he found however, wasn't what he expected.
On the sofa, facing away from him, was a man. Apparently sound asleep, dressed in a black suit and trenchcoat, his brown hair mussed as he muttered something and started to snore again.
Cameron tried for a few moments to wake the guy up, but no avail. He finally scooted Vicki out of the room and headed back upstairs to the computer area.
"Ask them if they let anyone in before they left? Otherwise, we need to find out who this guy sleeping on our sofa is." Cameron took a seat and propped his feet up on a console. At AJ's look of "You're kidding." he only shook his head and nodded it back towards the door.
"That's why the dog was having a hissy. Someone's been sleepin in her bed."

- The Mighty Thor - 07-11-2004

Rocketing down the runway, 'Vok watched as Chandi manipulated the controls that sent them flying off to retrieve De. He couldn't help but notice how very similar the panel layouts were to Shiar vessel schematics. In fact, he figured he could probably fly the thing if he had to. It was a far cry from the propeller driven Earth vessels that he had seen flown in the past. Those things scared him. Nothing between yourself and the ground but a twisted piece of wood...no thanks. "Give me a rocket strapped to my ass any day of the week. That'll get ya places."

As they made their ascent, the radio came to life with AJ’s voice on the other end. Picking up the squawk box, ‘Vok keyed the thing and responded, “Don’t go worryin’ your pretty little self. We just gotta make a quick run to the Apple. The girls said they would help me track down me humility and self-control. I seem to have completely misplaced them a few days ago. Oh, and while we’re there we’re gonna pick up De. Be back soon...over...out.” ‘Vok grinned slightly as he placed the radio handset back in its cradle. But then a thought crossed his mind that hadn’t before. Looking over at Chandi he asked, “Ya know the jet is great and all. It’ll get us to New York lickety split, but how exactly do ya plan to land this beast on the top of a sky-scraper?”

- The Truth - 07-11-2004

"Mmm mmph, mmmphmm, Mmphmmmmpher!!"
(You limey, stretchy, Mother****er!!)

"Reed, this really isn't nesseccary. I can explain...somewhat...."

"Jennifer, as much as I trust and respect you and the decisions you've made over the years...I find myself wondering if you are indeed yourself, bringing such a hooligan into my home and around my family.

"Mmmm mmmh mmph mmmpher, mmmm..."
(Don't even like soccer, mate...)

To anyone who wasn't familiar with the Fantastic Four, De, or even super powered beings in general, the sight before them would have been quite the spectacle. To all those involved however...it was merely another day of the week. Niles had been correct in suspecting Jen could get them access to the Baxter Building, her clearance allowing them to bypass many, though not all, of the internal defenses. De had even managed to stay out of trouble upon meeting the Fantastic Four themselves, though all three male members of the team gave him threatening looks as he slid up next to Sue and proceeded to slide his hand towards an area it had no business being.

2 minutes and 17 seconds later he found himself in his current situation, hanging upside down trapped in a rotating modulation phase variance feild being projected from a hasitly modified density scanner, with an invisible force feild covering his mouth as a makeshift gag, and a very peeved off Human Torch glaring at him with ill intent.

"I know this isn't like me, and that he isn't exactly the kinda guy I'm known for hanging out with..." Jen said, starting to plead her case on De's behalf.

"What about that little nancy Cage?" The stoney Ben Grimm asked, the place where his lips should have been curling into a smirk. His comment drew a withering glance from Walters in his direction, though both parties knew the comment had been made in good humor.

"...but he really is a decent enough guy. Most of the time anyway....."

"Decent or not, if he ever touches Sue like that again he'll be a few shades darker and a few burns heavier." Johnny interjected, taking a moment to stop rubbing his jaw (where De had rather uncerimoniously given him a cheap shot. And lived to tell the tale no less!) to point at the offender in question as a orange halo shimmered into view around his persons, the temperature in his immediate area increasing rapidly to reflect his mood.

"Indeed Jennifer. Decency doesn't seem quite the appropriate word to describe your latest confidant. So unless this is some sort of elaborate practical joke you're trying to pull on us, perhaps you should explain again why you brought him here."

"Mmm mmmh mmph mmhh mmmmm mph m mmmm mmph mh mph mmph!!! Mmmmm mmmm-mmm-mmmmmm mmm mm m...."
(She felt your wife could use a good roll in the sack!!! Limey good-for-nothin'....)

Jen, who had two nights ago learned how to understand De when he had a gag in his mouth (No no!! Don't ask that question...) Quickly turned around and made the motions with her hands and neck that he should kill his current line of speech and shut up. This of course drew odd stares from heroism's First Family, but those were quickly done away with as Jen once more tried to explain why she'd brought "The Pervert of Boggo Road" ("The Colossus of Boggo Road" had already been taken by another Nate) into their home.

- Solace - 07-12-2004

Chandi was back in the zone; piloting was her niche so to speak. Something she could always feel extremely confident about back on her old team, kind of like nobody else really had that ability. So to be back in the pilot seat and dealing with such a sophisticated aircraft was a rush for her, the petite feline like mutant hadn’t been paying attention to much else while she became accustom to the jet she was flying. “Johnny, we’ll never be able to find your humility and self-control again.” Chandi piped up as ‘Vok spoke with AJ, “But we could always make another stop by The Hellfire Club and see if they know the whereabouts of your humility and self-control.” The dark haired girl fought her hardest not to break out into a fit of giggles, mostly for ‘Vok’s sake. After all she didn’t want the poor man thinking she was laughing at his misfortune.

“You know to be honest I was hoping you’d have an idea?” They hadn’t exactly thought through their entire rescue plan, but somehow Chandi knew she’d get the jet landed on the skyscraper and if not she hoped De knew how to jump. “Kei, having any ideas?”

- Local Hero - 07-13-2004

"Maybe he's the one that left the message about Cooper?" Cam shrugged his shoulders and listened to the radio babble for a few minutes before pushing himself forward again. "Disnae sound like they give a monkey's chuff that we have a guest. Should probably go wake him up and see who he is." Cam stood and headed down the stairs. "Ah thought an island this remote would be slightly mare restful. There's mare traffic through here than Central Station on a match day." he muttered as entered the living room and stared at the stranger for a few minutes. Walking over to the couch he leaned over and shouted. "OI WAKE THE HELL UP!"

- The Watcher - 07-13-2004

The man asleep on the Guardian's sofa merely let out a loud mumble and began to snore again as Lionheart yelled at him. It was pretty apparent, a hurricane couldn't wake this guy up.

In the Nighthawk, while Chandi and 'Vok debated on how to land a hypersonic jet on top of a skyscraper, Kei held the answer.
"It's simple, you don't." Leaning forward, she pointed towards a couple of buttons marked "Cloak and Hover."
"Am I the only one around here that can read? It's simple, we slow this thing down to a crawl, hover over the building, throw out that ladder I saw in the back and make De climb his ass up it."
Leaning back in the seat, she crossed her arms over her chest and smiled in a very satisfied way. She had succeeded in one upping them all.

- Tessa - 07-13-2004

Kei couldn’t hold in the laughter much longer, one of the two of them had to say something or else she’d burst. She was honestly surprised that both of her teammates hadn’t read the button labels.
“Well?” She finally inquired, arms still folded acrossed her chest, “I found an answer, we gonna act on that plan or what?” She ran a hand through her hair, cocking her head to the side, an amused expression still on her face.

- Solace - 07-15-2004

“Oh the surfie is good for something.” Chandi quipped with a smirk gracing her features she glanced over her shoulder at Kei, knowing the free spirited surfer wouldn’t take offence to her comment. “Who would have known.” She continued as she took her attention off the piloting to glance over at ‘Vok. “So what’d you say? Is the Sheila onto something?” Chandi questioned ‘Vok as she flipped the switch to make the Nighthawk hover so that the three of them could figure out their rescue plan.

“Or you know, we could just conveniently forget De and go to the racetrack instead.” She threw the both of them and evil little smirk, knowing they’d probably both object to leaving De behind. “After all he does have the lovely company of Jen…I for one wouldn’t want to go pulling him away from her to soon.”

- The Mighty Thor - 07-15-2004

The plane made its way to New York in no time, as the trio of adventurers figured out the best way to attempt a rescue mission from a hypersonic jet. Well, to be honest Kei did most of the figuring, but 'Vok didn't think she would mind if he took some of the credit in future retellings of the story.

Given the accoutrement of the building’s exterior, it didn’t take long to track down Four Freedoms Plaza. Located in the heart of Manhattan, it stood as a testament to everything that one family could accomplish together. It also stood for the saccharine sweet sort of super heroics that made ‘Vok generally sick to his stomach. And if that didn’t do it, Chandi’s flying would. She seemed to take joy in attempting to make ‘Vok loose what little he had managed to scarf down before leaving Twilight Cove. Looking at Kei with a sort of “yeah yeah, I know you’re smart” sort of grin, ‘Vok leaned forward and pushed the Cloak and Hover button that the surfer girl had discovered. Immediately the engines cut back, slowing their approach to a near crawl. Slowly the engines groaned to a complete halt as the auxiliary thrusters kicked in and gently held the plane motionless in the air.
As the craft went about its maneuvers of its own accord, ‘Vok went to the back of the plane and cracked the hatch. Looking out he saw the top of the Four Freedoms Plaza, although he noticed that they were a considerable distance from the roof itself. Looking back up toward the pilot’s seat, he laughed and said, “Hey, I guess me needs a little practice on me approaches. It’s not quite as easy as it was on the Starjammer, you know.” Oops. Up until then ‘Vok had been very careful not to mention anything from his past. But he was getting decidedly more comfortable around his teammates, and things were bound to slip out. Doing his best to cover, he quickly continued, “Do either of ya see any sign of De out there? And for tha’ matter, do ya think he’ll be able to make tha’ jump?"

(post was approved by the GM)

- Tessa - 07-15-2004

“De’s a large guy, I’m sure he can.” Kei responded moving to look out the hatch with John, “And if he doesn’t, well just have to explain to our ‘boss’ what happened.” She was trying to repress a grin, figuring that her two companions had had enough of her self-righteous attitude about the button and the rescue plan.
“As for the Starjammer deal, I don’t wanna know what you’re talkin’ about.” Kei leaned out a little farther, looking at the rooftop, “Did De leave a phone number? Does he even have a phone on him?”

The usually phobia-laden surfer girl was completely comfortable hanging half-way out of the jet, it had a great view, if she closed her eyes she could pretend the small breeze she was feeling was coming off the ocean waves back on Hawaii…but that was only if she held her breath and ignored the city smells.
“If he doesn’t show up in 5 minutes, I say we leave him.” She commented, “I’ve got a short-board just beggin’ for a good wax. Or I could go visit Pietro…”

- The Watcher - 07-15-2004

As Firefly sat at the computer control console, a message flashed across.

"Priority Alert-Level 1-Assignment Japan has been moved up. Team to leave ASAP. Assignment parameters to follow."

Relaying the information to her jettisoned team mates, she also read it aloud for Lionheart's sake.

- Enchantress - 07-15-2004

"Well, if that ain't just tha be all end all." AJ shook her still wet head and pulled off the headset. Walking down the hall, she realized she should probably be getting herself ready to head out.
"Ah'm hittin tha shower." she called out, walking past Vicki who had once again, taken up residence next to Chandi's door.
"oh stop! Ya can't stay mad at me forevah sweetie." she smiled down at the dog and headed to her room.

Ten minutes and about 4 towels later, she was rifling through her dresser. Admiring some of the more outrageous items in her lingere department, she settled on basic black satin and reluctantly slipped the undies on.
Once that debate was settled, she moved to the closet, a brush in her hand as she worked her way through the snarled nest of pink fluff she called hair. Finding what she was looking for, she smiled and pulled the items out of the closet.
It was a simple black two piece outfit. The top was a halter, straps that fastened behind her neck. The plunging neckline was framed out by a hot pink zig zagged pattern. The same pattern was found along the sides of the low rise pants she had just managed to push herself in to. It took an effort on her part, a little coercing of the zipper, but the leather pants finally molded to her like a second skin.
She knew Chandi would giggle when she saw what she was wearing, and topped it off all with a pair of black leather boots that were remarkably new looking.
"I bet she didn't even see me buy these!" she snickered before shoving her trusty daggers, Voodoo and Gris Gris into each boot.
Standing before the mirror, she brushed her dried hair, and did a bit of posturing. Turning a slow circle, she brought her wings up and smiled in appreciation of the image.
"Guess now Ah should go down and find tha equipment locker and see what we need ta take with us."

- The Truth - 07-17-2004

".....and that's when he grabbed Sue's butt. The rest I think we all know..." Jen finished, looking about the faces of the Fantastic Four, a wide array of emotions being displayed.

Reed had a look of utter bewilderment upon his face, as if he honestly couldn't believe the tale that had just been spun for him. Sue and Johnny both eyed De with disgust and distain as Ben clenched a fist before his mouth to stifle a chuckle.

"So like I said...he really is a decent guy most of the time. I just think he may be a little upset over losing his..."

Her sentance was just cut short as a small alarm began to blare in the Baxter Building command center. All eyes turned towards the main console as Reed extended himself from where he stood over to the vast assortment of buttons and knobs that enabled him to control practially everything in the building. His upper half hovering over the keypad, he tapped a few select buttons and watched as a wide display of figures and readouts appeared on the screen before him.

"I believe we have visitors. And uninvited ones at that. They appear to be hoving several meters above the roof of the building in some sort of...cloaked jet." he said, beginning preliminary scans of the vessel to check for weapons and what-have-you. "They don't appear to be hostile..." he continued, tapping another series of keys that brought up a picture of the underside of the jet that was being captured and broadcasts by a small roof-top camera. After quickly cropping, zooming, and recropping the faces of 'Vok and Kei could be easily made out through the hatch they had opened, Reed's face and attention turning to Jen for a moment. "More friends of yours?"

"Friends of his, actually." she replied, jerking her finger over he shoulder at the still suspended De. "Like I said, he asked them to pick him up here for whatever reason. Looks like they made record time."

As she finished speaking there was a loud and sudden "THUD!" to be heard, as all eyes followed what thier ears had caught, only to find Niles laying upon the floor rubbing the head he'd been dropped on only seconds earlier. Sue, upon hearing that his ride had arrived, appearently no longer felt the need to hold him captive, wanting to get him out of her home almost as much as her brother did.

"Thanks luv, though next time give a bloke a bit of warnin' first."

"Allow me to provide you with the warning, Mr. Niles." Reed interjected before Sue could respond, rather sure that while his loving, caring wife was indeed one of the most beautiful, compassionate souls he'd ever know, that she was liable to hurt De in a very....very...bad way. "If you ever enter our home uninvited again, or exercise such outlandish behavior again, I will personally make sure you are taught a lesson you'll never forget."

De, who had long grown tired to being lectured to, had at least 2 dozen rude, insensitive, and vulgar responces pop into his head. But knowing that even with all of his roguish good looks and the emerald enchantress by his side that he'd never be able to take down the Four, he simply raised his hands in defeat and started backing out of the room, Ms Walter following closely behind, still voicing apologies on the smaller man's behalf.

"Well luv....it's been fun. And sorry about that bit with the guys in that place that night....but I did try to warn ya..." De said as they stepped onto the roof, out of the Richard's sight but no doubt still being monitored. "....though I must admit seeing you all tied up in nothing but your knickers was..."

"The last time you'll ever have that pleasure." Jen said, cutting him off with a wry smile. "Sooooo....any idea how you're getting up there?" She further asked, craning her neck up along with De's to gaze at the small hole in the sky. The only indication that a vessel was hovering above.

"Thought you might lend me a hand in that department. I know you've been longing to get your hands on me bum for a while." He commented as he shot her a wink.

"Oh yeeeeaaahhhh...." she said sarcasticly, with a bit of an undertone that indicated she meant something else, though Niles couldn't quite figure out what. Of course, he didn't have to wait long before her intentions were revealed, a large green hand with perfectly manicured nails clamping itself about the front of his collar and quickly yanking him to within a hair's breath of her nose. "Bye De."

"Bye? But I never even got that kiss you owe me."

"Then I guess you'll just have to collect." She said, watching him begin to grin and shut his eyes. "Another Time!"

Her last two words were half spoken, half yelled and she chucked him towards the jet, with more than enough force to get him there, but not so much he'd be seriously hurt upon impact.

And what an impact it was.

The sound was reminiscent of a football hitting the side panelling of a car door. That metallic thwang of metal bending slightly, yet not giving. A split second later Nate found himself face down of the floor, aching slightly from the landing, but even more so from Jen's cold shoulder.

"She....was.....hot.....though....." He muttered as he pushed himself up a bit, looking about a little until he met eyes with Kei. "Hallo baby.....did ya miss me?"

- Local Hero - 07-17-2004

Standing upright, Cam shrugged his shoulders. Looking down at the snoring man on their couch, he crossed his arms over his chest lost in thought for the moment. "If the guy's nae gonnae wake up, ah may as well have some fun." he thought to himself as he held out his hand over the couch. His fingertips began to glow subtly as arcane energies flowed outwards and downwards towards their sleeping guest. As they brushed over the strangers hand, they coallesced into a small metallic bowl, filled with water. "Hope he disnae have a weak bladder!" thought Cam as he turned away, chuckling, and headed for his room. Even the small growl he received from Vicki as he passed did little to darken his mood. "Oh haud yer weisht!" he said brightly to her before heading on. Passing AJ's door he rapped on it smartly three times, then called out. "Ah'm headin' for a shower. See ya in 15 darlin'!"

A shower, a shave and a sh..ift of clothes later and he was back in the control room. As he dropped his long coat over the back of the chair he had occupied earlier, there was a soft clink of metal from a concealed blade on the metal of the chair. Leaning on the desk, he looked down at the message on the screen. "Land o' the risin' sun eh?" he smiled to himself. It had been far too long since he had last been there. Raising his gaze from the screen Cam looked out of the window at the peaceful scene of their little island hideaway. "Ach well, ah should have known the peace wouldnae last forever. Naebody was gonnae gie us all this for nae return." With a shrug of his shoulders he pushed himself upright, and began to do a final check on his own equipment. Although his long sword had much greater reach he had decided to pack his katanas instead. They were much easier to conceal within in his jacket, plus he thought it fitting given their destination. Reaching behind him, Cam unholstered his pistols from their custom mount at the small of his back. They released smoothly, silently. He smiled again as he replaced them carefully. Satisfied that his weapons were secure Cam stretched his arms over his head, a small yawn escaping his lips. "Suppose ah should check up on the others." he said to himself, reaching for the microphone.

"Hey Chandi! Have ye picked up De yet? Ah think we are almost ready tae hit the road tae Japan."

- Enchantress - 07-17-2004

AJ walked slowly down the hall towards the living room. Vicki was, as always on her heels.
Her curiousity got the better of her as she saw the guy on the sofa, and Cameron's idea of a wake up call. She rolled her eyes and thought for a moment about rifling through the guys trenchcoat to find his wallet and see who he was.
Hearing Cameron in the computer bay, she mounted the steps up to the next level and leaned against the doorjam.
"Tell em ta hurry up already. Ah hate waitin." tilting her head, a thick strand of pink hair fell over one eye, obscuring her view of the computer monitors and Cameron just slightly.
"Of course, you knew that."

- Tessa - 07-17-2004

Kei grinned, coming down to De’s lever, “Course I did.” She responded pulling on one of his dreads, “Was startin’ t’worry, not a good quality in a wahine.” She stood up straight again, offering her hand to the Australian, “Plus, I figure with both of ya around I can get into twice as much trouble.” She motioned towards John and then towards De, the grin still firmly in place as she went back to offering De help up. Turning her upper body towards the front of the jet she yelled to Chandi, “We’ve got the brah, ya can head back!”

- Solace - 07-17-2004

Chandi nodded her head in reply to Kei informing her they could head back now, hearing Cameron’s question come through the petite Australian hit a few buttons on the jet and made for home while giving home base a quick reply. “We’ve got him, looks like he’s in one piece.” Chandi said, glancing over her shoulder at De. “So I could probably have this thing back to the Cove in say 20 minutes if I really push it.” Needless to say Chandi was looking forward to seeing how far she could push this jet before it gave way.

“Everybody ready? I’m going to see how fast I can get this thing to go.” She informed her passengers, a mischievous smirk gracing her features.

- The Mighty Thor - 07-18-2004

Slammed hard against the back of the co-pilot's seat, 'Vok watched in horror as Chandui put their craft through its paces. The aerobatics on the trip up were bad enough, but now it appeared as if the young Australian girl was trying to turn the Skrull's brain to mush by sheer G-Force. Forcing his head to turn towards the pilot seat, 'Vok muttered, "And here me always thought Waldo was crazy. But you take the prize for sure doll!"

Doing his best to turn in his seat to face De, 'Vok yelled over the roar of the engines to make sure that his questions would be heard, "What's the story mate? What ye' been doin' here all this time?"

- Solace - 07-18-2004

“This is ripper.” Chandi giggled as she pushed the jet to it’s utmost speed and allowed the g-force to push her further into her seat, she had always loved the feeling of flying and having this much speed at her fingertips was amazing. “Have a problem with my flyin’ Johnny?” She questioned the Skrull unable to turn her head to look in his direction, as her golden/green eyes flashed with a mischievous little gleam. “Sparky wanted us to get our butts back to the Cove as fast as we could, so no sense in wasting the speed this thing has on taking our marry little time at it.” Chandi added, in reality she would have been fine with taking the return flight home much slower but watching ‘Vok and the rest of the team battle with the speed the nighthawk was doing.