Comics Uncovered
Name Thor and Chanty's Baby! - Printable Version

+- Comics Uncovered (http://comicsuncovered.com)
+-- Forum: Editorial & Funny Pages... (http://comicsuncovered.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pub... (http://comicsuncovered.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Name Thor and Chanty's Baby! (/showthread.php?tid=197)

Pages: 1 2 3

Name Thor and Chanty's Baby! - Enchantress - 05-19-2004

Contests...Contests...Contests!!!!!

GUESS THE GENDER OF THOR & CHANTY'S BABY!
That's right! We'll be finding out in July what the baby is! So, if you guess and guess correctly! You'll be recieving some SWEET Comics Uncovered Merchandise in the mail!

Also...we will be holding a contest to whoever guesses the weight and time and date of birth as the pregnancy goes on. Your chance to get some great Comics Uncovered merchandise!

Step right up folks! this is your chance at immortalizing your great idea for a baby name.

Come on, share your ideas, no matter how off the wall....It will keep Jeremiah from naming our future child Thor :roll:

Enchantress

- GlennWalker - 05-20-2004

If it's a boy, the only reasonable name is Loki. ;-)

Glenn

- Tessa - 05-20-2004

Well, I'll give you a couple suggestions ^_^ Not guranteeing that they'll be better than Thor or Loki though...

For a girl: Madeline, Fiona, Claudia, Isobel, or Janette

For a boy: William, Brett, Nickolas, or Samuel

~Tessa~

- SLVRSR4 - 05-21-2004

You should SO name the kid TERRAX THE DESTROYER! Just think of the possibitlities: "Terrax the Destroyer, did you finish your homework?" "Terrax the Destroyer, could you take the dog out for a walk?" "Terrax the Destroyer, stop hitting the other children!"

Ah the possiblities are endless, and besides, who would mess with a kid named TERRAX THE DESTROYER?!

- Local Hero - 05-22-2004

But then his initials would be TP (and that's a no-no) and off course everyone would shorten it to Terry the Destroyer which isn't as impressive.

- Enchantress - 05-22-2004

You guys are really starting to frighten me now.

- Tessa - 05-24-2004

Proof that men should never name children Confusedhock: Terrax the Destroyer!?!?! Why don't you just name the kid Milton, his peers would be more forgiving of that name than Terrax.
~Tessa~

- The Mighty Thor - 05-25-2004

I actually have a different stance on the name issue. I agree that Terrax is a bad choice for a baby's first name. But, being the genius that he is, Surfer may be on to something with his choice of 'The Destroyer' for a middle name.

Come on, who is going to mess with a kid who's middle name is 'The Destroyer'? Even better, use that monicker for a girl's middle name. That will surely keep the gentleman callers away until she is at least 18. Because who would want to mess with a cute little blonde thing called Emily The Destroyer? Sure, she looks innocent enough, but watch out, or she'll destroy your world and feed your puny planet to her all powerful master! Run for your lives!!! Ahhhhhh!

Ok, I'm done now.

- Enchantress - 05-25-2004

Why do I know someone who's sleeping on the sofa tonight....hmmm?

- GlennWalker - 05-26-2004

There are some insane comics fans out there who procreate. Kevin Smith named his daughter Harley, short for Harley Quinn. I personally know an old employee of mine who named his two twin sons Jonathan Kent and Jor-El (hyphenated and everything). Terrax is a bit over the top but I'm sure there are worse ones out there.

Glenn Walker

- Local Hero - 05-26-2004

I found this list while browsing Wink
The 2003 Top Baby Names
Boys: Jacob Michael Joshua Matthew Andrew Joseph Ethan Daniel Christopher Anthony

Girls: Emily Emma Madison Hannah Olivia Abigail Alexis Ashley Elizabeth Samantha
("Emily" apparently continues to enjoy its eight-year stretch as the most popular girl name.)

And for comparison
The 1903 Top Baby Names
Boys: John William James George Joseph Charles Robert Frank Walter Henry

Girls: Mary Margaret Hel Anna Ruth Marie Elizabeth Florence Dorothy Lillian

Oh and if you want a lesson in what not to name your kids this site is good for a few chuckles and guffaws: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/">http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/</a><!-- m -->

- Enchantress - 05-26-2004

Just so you know Glen and Mandy, so far are the only two who have come closest to the names we already had picked out.

Isabelle...

and well, originally, we were going to use Jor-el (without the hypen, and as a middle name)
but now, it's probably going to be Kal.

*insert rolly eyed guy here.*

Oh, and I did want to apologize for not being around very much lately. I've been BEAT! And the dr's say that's normal for where we are.

- Solace - 05-26-2004

Okay, so I thought I'd try my hand at this ^_^

Girl Names: Mallory, Felicity, Ethne, Meghan, Cecily & Cora.

Boy Names: Brayden, Ridley, Trey, Nathaniel, & Garrett.

- Enchantress - 05-29-2004

Just a note to everyone...
On Monday, Jeremiah's friend Adam became a daddy! *a month early no less!*
They named the baby Jack (after Adam's wife's dad) James.

It's kinda brought out the baby bug in us!!

Oh..and on the name game thing.. I thought I had heard it all until my sister reminded me what my brother in law wanted named my niece...

Hickory Nut.

(You really have to understand my brother in law's perverse sense of humor!)

- Tessa - 05-30-2004

Hickory Nut?

Seriously? That poor kid's first name would be condensed down to Hick...what kind of nickname is that? That is most definitely a weird sense of humor.

~Tessa~

- Enchantress - 05-30-2004

Just ask Poison Ivy (next time she's on!), that's what he was going to name her! I kid you not!

Although, he does have a rooster named Kellogg

:roll:

- SLVRSR4 - 06-02-2004

Believe me, you don't need a kid named hick! You already live in Indiana, it's a given. It would be redundant. To everyone who think I'm weird with the Terrax the Destroyer name, I assure you it was just a joke. If it is a Girl, I think you should go with your original idea of Isabelle Marie Peterson (IMP). Everyone I've ever told that name to thinks it sounds really pretty, and the little extra nickname you get with it is excellent. If it is a boy though I think you should name him Nathaniel James Peterson. I don't know why, I just like the way it sounds.

- Enchantress - 06-02-2004

Never, in the face of a thousand blazings sons, will my child ever have "James" as a name.

Sorry, too much baggage associated with every @$$ I ever knew who had that name!

And not to mention that Adam just used that as a middle name.

Trust me, in the baby name department, we've got it narrowed down to five...

Isabelle Moira
Isabelle Kara
Natalia Rose

Alexander Kal
Nathaniel Dorian

although, I will continue telling all soon to be grandparents when they ask that we are using something like "Rhaiannon Rainforest" just to keep them guessing.

- Harley - 06-02-2004

How can you not call your (male) child either Magnus or Doom? All will bow to DOOM! Curse Richards! Or just go for Copernicus Wink

If its a girl (which I just know it is going to be) Victoria or Elizabeth.

Actually, Victoria was one of the names we had picked out last time we were pregnant. But, since we miscarried that baby, we didn't feel it would be right to use the same name we had picked out.

If you notice though, all the names we have picked have a comic book reference in them save one..

Isabelle Moira (Lord of the Rings, the Dwarven mines)
Isabelle Kara (Kara...SuperGirl)
Natalia Rose (Talia, Ras Al Ghul's daughter)

Alexander Kal (Lex Luthor and Superman) oh, and it will NOT be shortened to Alex, it'll be Lex.
and my favorite...
Nathaniel Dorian...(and if I have to explain Nathaniel to any of you, you get shot on the spot!)

- Harley - 06-02-2004

Sorry about that. You could also shorten Alexander to Xander.

Yeah, I'm a Buffy fan, so sue me.

naw..it's gotta be Lex.

as far as Victoria goes..it's not out of the game yet. We just have to narrow it down to one name.
But I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a boy...simply from the way the ultrasound tech hinted around yesterday. She couldn't tell what it was, it's too early, but she seemed to be dropping little boy hints.

Oh and yeah..Essex was on my list as a middle name for a little boy!

:-)

- Harley - 06-02-2004

Essex really does sound cool. This does remind me of Superman: Secret Identity though, with this kid names Clark Kent. The moment your kid's going to have friends and they know a little Comic history...

- Enchantress - 06-03-2004

It's funny, my own family is taking bets on if the baby will be named after Batman or Superman if it's a boy!

They know me too well.

- Harley - 06-03-2004

I've just thought of the perfect name and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner:
Lucifer