Comics Uncovered
Ultimate X-Men - Printable Version

+- Comics Uncovered (http://comicsuncovered.com)
+-- Forum: The House of Ideas... (http://comicsuncovered.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: 1407 Graymalkin Lane... (http://comicsuncovered.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Ultimate X-Men (/showthread.php?tid=45)

Ultimate X-Men - Enchantress - 03-20-2004

I've been reading Ultimate X-men since issue #1 and I can't say I've been disappointed in any of it in the least.
The New Mutants storyline has been really great, and I've enjoyed the introduction of Angel and his and Storm's interaction,

However, once New Mutants wraps....I'm looking forward very much to the Ultimate Mr. Sinister.
:twisted:

Wizard Magazine had a great article last month about the introduction of Mr. Sinister into the Ultimate Universe...I can't wait.

So, thoughts on Ultimate X-men?

- Local Hero - 03-21-2004

I am still waiting to pick up New Mutants.. (as I only pick up the trades ) I just finished Blockbuster the other week there. I would agree that as far as the Ultimate line goes X marks the spot for me. I have read Ult spidey but something stopped me buying it. But when it came to Ultimate X-men I had to have it heh. I too can't wait to see what they do with Sinister. Fingers crossed he gets a decent treatment.

- SLVRSR4 - 03-25-2004

I would have liked more Ultimate Daredevil and Spidey in the BLOCKBUSTER story arc, but so far the NEW MUTANTS arc has been the "BOMB DIGGITY!" WOW, I can't believe I actually just said that.

- The Mighty Thor - 04-11-2004

Ok, so I'm now a few issues into the New Mutants story, and all I can say is WOW. I think I may go into a spoiler filled geek fest here, so if you want tread my thoughts, highlight the blacked out text.

[spoiler]The latest issue had me in fits of glee. When I first heard that the name of the new story was "New Mutants", I thought it was going to simply consist of new members of the X-Men. And after Angel debuted, it seemed that I was right. But, after the introduction of Emma Frost, and the White House centered plot of last issue, it seems I'll be getting so much more.

Basically, it comes down to this. The US Government is starting their own team of Mutants. It hasn't been officially stated, but it boils down to them introducing X-Factor to the Ultimate continuity.

And so far it looks like the roster will include Havok, Dazzler, Polaris, Karma, and the freshly off the X-Men, Beast. Bishop was passed over for inclusion on the team. Blink was one of the other possible recruits that may or may not make the team. There were about 8 characters pictured, some of which I couldn't positively identify. But I think one was Forge. I'd give more details, but my niece stole my copy.

So, if you aren't reading this book, and would like to see a bunch of new characters get thrown into the Ultimate mix, I would suggest picking it up. I am enjoying it just as much as any other book I currently read.[/spoiler]

- The Truth - 05-30-2004

Ok...I know I'm like....waaaayyyyy late....but I finally got a paycheck and was able to pick up some back issues and what can I say...the New Mutants storyline was sensational. Kinda disliked the cheesey-esqu ending, but everything before that was great.

I love the fact that they are continuing to reinvent Marvel X mainstays and insert them into the Ultimate line, as well as a couple of lesser known or forgotten characters.

Now if they would only come out with an Ultimae Goop....

- Local Hero - 05-31-2004

i'm still waiting to pick up the new mutants arc in tpb (shouldn't be long now.. hopefully!) but i have to say the few glimpses i've grabbed in forbidden planet (ok ok I have no willpower) have been great.

- Enchantress - 06-03-2004

I'll say it again, I LOVE ultimate X-men. I'm not too thrilled with the whole Ultimate Sinister thing now that I've seen him....but I'm willing to give it a chance.
Although...I can't wait to get our books in this month, I'm dying to see what happened to Hank.

- Spiderbob - 06-15-2004

Okay, the following are spoilers for Ultimate X-Men #47 The Temptest Prt 2. I'd post Prt 1 but I figured by this time you'd already have the issue. Anyways...

[spoiler]
It starts off with Jean-Paul about to be impaled by the bullet Sinister shot. However, to his puzzled surprise, the bullet stops inches from him (like in the Matrix [awesome movie by the way]. Jean Grey later shows up and explains to him that she's a mutant from the X-Men and his probing his memory, i.e. having him relive his past in his head so she can see who shot him. She informs Mr. Jean-Paul that he's in a coma at the hospital and because of his quick reflexes, the bullet intended for his heart grazes a lung instead, so he's alive. Unfortunately, Jean tells him that four other mutants have been killed, each by the same weapon that was used against Jean-Paul. After some persuading Jean gets Jean-Paul to willing show her the man who shot him (Sinister [who terrifies him (Jean-Paul) by the way]. JP wakes up to see Peter and Jean Grey at his bed side in the hospital. The two X-Men take off after a humorous remark from JP.

Meanwhile, Logan is investigating the crime scene where one of the four mutants were killed by Sinister. He inspects the place and sniffs the bullet shell and then leaves before the cops he snuck past come back.

At the mansion Scott is training Angel, Bobby, Kitty, and Rogue to the limits, trying to prepare them for when they have to hunt down the killer of the mutants (Sinister). But the four our too occupied to be very effective.

During the training, Xavier is talking to General Fury, trying to get S.H.I.E.L.D. to track down Sinister. However, Fury refuses, saying that it's not in his juristiction, that it's a case for local authorities, and that using resources for such a task would cause complications.

Later, Nightcrawler is consulting a depressed and distraught Storm, trying to aid her and letting her know that her friends are there for her, even though she was ready to fry his butt with a lightning bolt.

Back in the mansion, Xavier holds a meeting with all his students and informs them that no one is to leave the building grounds until Sinister is caught. He doesn't want the X-Men to try and capture him in fear that the tragedy of Hank will be repeated. However, Logan enters the room and informs Xavier that he found nothing. No scent, no tracks, diddely squat. Even the security cameras showed no trace of him, making it seem that Sinister can only be seen by the naked eye. Logan suggests a search to bring him down quicker in order to save lives. Xavier gives in, but only allows the senior students to go and much to his(Drake's) dismay, that does not include Iceman. The teams assigned by Xavier and against Scott's recomendations are Cyke and Colossus, Marvel Girl and Nightcrawler, and Storm and Wolverine. Xavier warns them to be extremely cautious.

The last two pages are my fave. Tis what makes me want issue #48 to get he now. (i need a frickin time machine). In some dark room, Sinister is mumbling (and stuttering) to himself on how he killed four mutants. However, a large but shadowed figure scolds him for not killing Jean-Paul and demanding a total of ten innocent souls (basically, Sins gotta kill ten mutants total) that Sinister promised to the shadowed figure. Sinister replies,
"And you shall have the final six soon, very soon. This I swear,

LORD APOCALYPSE!!!![/spoiler]

And that's the issue. *whew*

- Enchantress - 06-15-2004

Man! That's just... MAN!!!
I can't believe it. I haven't gotten that issue yet, but DAMN!!

Now I need a time machine too!

- SLVRSR4 - 06-15-2004

Yeah, It was pretty cool. I didn't want to tell you over the weekend when I was visiting Chanty because I didn't want to ruin anything for you. I know how much you are looking forward to this story.

- Enchantress - 07-09-2004

HOLY COW!!

Ok, I just finished reading issue 47 & 48 and all I can say is.

I thought Sinister creeped me out before. :coldchill:

- The Truth - 07-10-2004

And here I thought you hated the inked up Mr. Sin (Which is what they should have called him). Gotta say though, that thing with Storm in the place with the guy that spooked her...you know what I'm talking about.....that was just.....

I mean, on the one hand....it was....well you know. But on the other hand it was....I mean c'mon!! I was laughing and crying at the same time. I mean....they just shouldn't have done that. Kinda hurt my affinity for Mr. Sinister.

- Enchantress - 07-10-2004

Seriously..think about it, that thing that creeped Storm out...
Ok, I spend entirely too much time watching these foresnic science and "biography of a serial killer" shows on tv....
That whole scene put me in the mind of the whole Son of Sam murders. Where Berkowitz told police it was his neighbors DOG telling him to kill people.

Keep that mental image when you read it, and it will creep the hell out of you.
Or maybe I'm easily creeped.

EDITED TO ADD-
Oh and...after watching the Celebrity Poker Tournament on Bravo today...I've decided that if they do an Ultimate X-men movie. I want Dave Navvaro to play Sinister!!! Lol

- The Truth - 07-23-2004

Dave's a bit to scrawny to be Mr. Sinister in my view, though after reading the latestissue of Ult X, I will say he's one of my new favorite character. I mean....it's within the first few pages of the book and already he has one of the best lines I've read in a while.

Might even be better than that line from Witches #1.

- SLVRSR4 - 07-23-2004

Allan Rickman has always been my number one choice to play regular Mr. Sinister. Look at it this way, Rickman can act and has a deep Brittish accent that would make a seriously cool Mr. Sinister. I can definitely see where you're going with Navaro. He definitely looks the part for a good ULTIMATE Sinister.

On a seperate note, The whole Son of Sam thing was running through my mind the ENTIRE time I read that issue. We think alike too much sometimes CHANTY.

- Enchantress - 07-23-2004

Wow! you mean I'm not the only one with a serial killer obssession???
Naw seriously, I find the inner workings of a mind like that, strangely fasicinating. Probably why when I had to write a paper in Senior English on my favorite literary character and the one I most admire, I chose Hannibal Lecter. Lol

But anyway, yeah...Sinister used to creep me out in regular continuity, but now! HOLY CHEESE WHIZ ROBIN! :twisted:

Can't wait to get my hands on the latest issue. I may just go to Bloomington this weekend, hit the comic shop, let Jeremiah get distracted by the shiny objects (heroclix) and sneak off to a corner and read! :wink:

Issue #49 - Enchantress - 08-11-2004

Ok, I know you guys have probably already read it, and I'm behind the times but.

again, it needs to be said "OH MY FRICKIN GOD!"

First off, I think someone has been snooping around reading about my Watch character Victoria...cause Sinister working in New Orleans...hello???? Lol
Naw..it was definately a great read. And the end just had me sitting there going...
"Is it real? Or is it in his head?" Had that whole Total Recall effect to it...and years later, I'm STILL trying to figure THAT movie out!

- Enchantress - 04-17-2005

Ok, who's reading this now???

Nightcrawler:"Seems we are lacking in the female companionship department."
Colossus: "....."

HELLO! He was talking to Longshot about how cool Longshot's boots were in the last issue. They'll never come outright and say it and we all know it.

But damn, out of all of them to bring out of the closet, why couldn't it have been Wolverine?
:mrgreen:

- The Truth - 04-18-2005

Because you can get a Canadian pedophile past the censors....but a gay Canadian pedophile simply doesn't sell. I mean, after all these years do we really want to see Cyke on Wolverine (or vice versa) action?

Besides, I personally think it's a great choice. Marvel's main mutant homosexual has been Northstar for the past few years and he's been more or less the sterotypical type with the slightly feminine ways and what have you. With Piotr you get a depiction that less "Will & Grace" and more "Just another person."

- SLVRSR4 - 04-18-2005

I have become quite the Ultimate X-men fan.

LOVED ultimate Spiral, Mojo, Arcade, and Longshot.

- The Truth - 04-18-2005

I hated all of them. Mojo human? Longshot a killer? Arcade no longer a gamesmaster but rather a Batman-esque game hunter? AND THEY KEPT SPIRAL'S FURRY BOOTS!?!?!?!

Grrr......

- Enchantress - 04-18-2005

I wasn't a huge fan of Ultimate Mojo either. But I did like Spiral, I thought she was drawn very well, boots and all.