Comics Uncovered
Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Printable Version

+- Comics Uncovered (http://comicsuncovered.com)
+-- Forum: Editorial & Funny Pages... (http://comicsuncovered.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Moving Pictures... (http://comicsuncovered.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer (/showthread.php?tid=556)

Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Enchantress - 06-02-2006

I read an interview with Jessica Alba yesterday that confirms that Silver Surfer will be in the next FF movie. I can't find the article right now, but when I do, I'll post a link!

My pick for Michael Rosenbaum's next project - SLVRSR4 - 07-18-2006

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and the more and more I see Michael Rosenbaum, the more I would love to see him play the Silver Surfer in a big budget movie. His name would be JUST big enough to have a little hype, but not so big that it would eclipse the character he's playing. This has been your random thought for the day.

- Enchantress - 07-18-2006

I could easily see Mikey as the Herald of Galactus.

Easily... and personally, I liked his Lex Luthor better!

- The Mighty Thor - 10-06-2006

As found on Cinescape.com:

posted on Oct. 3, 2006...

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Beau Garrett and Andre Braugher have both signed on to play roles in the upcoming 20th Century Fox sequel FANTASTIC FOUR: THE RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER. They will join Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis in the cast.

Garrett will play Frankie Raye, a scientist and love interest to Evans' character. In the comic she eventually gains super powers. While Braugher will play a general with the responsibility to capture the Silver Surfer.

Shooting on the film is currently under way in Vancouver.

posted on Oct. 5, 2006...

According to WENN, the giant planet devouring character Galactus will show up toward the end of the FANTASTIC FOUR sequel.

"I don't want to give too much away but I will say this: Galactus will appear and fans will not be disappointed," said Fox chairman Tom Rothman.

The film is set to be released next year and will feature one of Marvel's most celebrated stories: the battle between the Silver Surfer and Fantastic Four, until the Surfer switches sides and fights against his master, Galactus.

------------------------------------------------------

So, with Galactus, Silver Surfer and Frankie Raye all showing up, will anyone be surprised if Nova: Herald of Galactus makes an appearance by movies end? Or maybe the better question should be, will my brother and his squeeze be able to contain their geeky squeels of delight as to not annoy the other movie goers? Only time will tell.

- GlennWalker - 01-17-2007

Soooo...

Who has seen the preview?

I know it's online in various places and I saw it on the big screen as a preview with "Night at the Museum" that we watched Christmas evening.

Amazing special effects, on both the Surfer and the Torch. I am stoked to see this one. Word is it will premiere the day before Free Comic Book Day this year.

Thoughts?

Glenn

- Enchantress - 01-17-2007

Can't WAIT to see it.

I've been lagging behind on my comic news of late, but I'm all excited about this. LOVE the effects on the Surfer.

- Rhapsody's Scream - 01-20-2007

if you do an image-by-image sweep of the preview of FF2, you'll discover an early easter egg from the CGI department who worked on the movie...

[spoiler]Silver Surfer's twig and berries make 2 small apparitions... LOL [/spoiler]

This is not a joke, it's completely true!

- The Mighty Thor - 01-21-2007

She's not joking folks, it was posted on Ain't it Cool News under the heading of "Silver Surfer's got Nards." Odd, yet funny in a 5th grade sorta way.

Zenn-Lavian genitalia aside, you guys are right, this trailer has really gotten me excited about this sequel. I enjoyed the first movie, but not as much as I would have hoped. But if this trailer is any indication, the follow up will far surpass the original.

- SLVRSR4 - 02-20-2007

pq98aqwe4fp98aqwe4j89a4pf89aqwe49pfr8ap89e49paq8peaq89yht9y

That's about as coherent of a statement as could be made by me upon seeing the trailer for this movie. Jonna and I specifically went to see "Night at the Museum" to see this trailer. I liked the movie, but upon seeing the trailer, could care less if a movie were to follow.

As Jonna said to my cousin recently, "He could watch that trailer back to back for an entire day if he could get away with not going to work!"

- The Mighty Thor - 02-20-2007

This flick does appear to be getting better and better. Although I'm not sure that I like the Dodge Ram emblems plastered all over the FantastiCar. I'm all for product placement, but only if it makes sense. And as I'm sure Reed cooked up the team's vehicle all on his own, why would there be Dodge logos emblazoned on its hull? Maybe they did provide the fancy bucket seats...just seems odd to me.