Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you want to see in Avengers!
Things I'd like to see in Avengers:

1. [spoiler]HAWKEYE BACK IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING!!!!!!! Don't make me hate you Bendis, don't make me hate you. It was bad enough that I had to see Jack of Hearts brought back to life only to see you kill him again, and now you take away one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES![/spoiler]

2. MOON KNIGHT, MOON KNIGHT, MOON KNIGHT.

3. Revamps of old B level villains that make them horrifying and very much real. TASMASTER, I'M TALKING DIRECTLY TO YOU!

4. New blood on the team. I know Bendis' choices for the first "new" string of characters, and aside from Spider-Man and Luke Cage, I am less than thrilled about the additions of Spider-Woman, Wolverine, and Sentry?! WTF? Wasn't he a PRACTICAL JOKE created by Wizard and Stan Lee to jerk around the masses a few April Fools past?

5. Midgets. Can't get enough of them. The world could use a few more.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I'm a couple issues behind on my Avengers reading, but I had inadvertantly read a spoiler or two that makes me agree with you wholeheartedly on your first point. I can see Bendis doing what he did if it was done well, but that can't be it. Not for real or forever. I don't want to hate BM Bendis either.

Moonknight was voted the character fans most wanted to see more of by Wizard a couple months back, and I have no doubt that Marvel was listening. I am sure we will see more of Moonknight soon.

Revamping old villains is always a good choice. Give me some French guy leaping around in spandex and I'm a happy guy.

I agree that Bendis' choice for the Avenger's new roster leaves quite a bit to be desired. Although I like the return of Spider-woman, if only because I don't know that much about her, and this will be my chance to get acquainted.

And yes, midgets!!! Puck should be an Avenger! (why not, the rest of Alpha Flight is according to Wizkids games)
For more appearances of said frenchman, see recent disassembled crossovers in Captain America. He got his clock cleaned pretty good. No revamping, however.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Batroc always gets his clock cleaned. That's what French guys in comics are there for.

I can't really say what I want to happen in Avengers. I was psyched when I heard that BM Bendis was coming onboard to write Avengers. And so far the couple issues I've read of his run have been excellent....earth shatteringly tragic when it comes to the team and its place in the Marvel Universe, but well written and compelling at the same time. I will wait to make my wish list until after I have seen the fallout from the Disassembled crossover, because I have no idea where we are being led by this one, but I think the ride will be fun.
What I'd like to see if the Avengers ever come back is a new West Coast Team consisting of

Black Panther Chairman
War Machine Co-Chairman

Doc. Samson
Moon Knight
Quasar
Serisi
Tigra

Normaly I'd say She-Hulk but I don't like the whole Idea of Comic book Awareness and that it takese away from her character. I use Doc. Samson because well, he's strong, smart, and a realativly quick thinker. And one of the most under developed characters in the Universe. And when I say War Machine, I'm not meaning James Rhodes either. Way Back in the day when Force was a major Villian for Iron Man, he came to Iron Man for help because he no longer wanted to work for Justin Hammer. Then he was working for Tony Stark in Stark Ent. and even wore the Iron Man Armor when Stark was Injured. Why not put him in the War Machine Armor some how and put him on a team? Or Even put him in with the Thunder Boltz?
Things I want to see in Avengers?

Being calm, and realistic, here's what I'd like to see.

I want to see Bendis play to his strengths.

That means he should stick with the roster he's currently using, he has proven he knows these characters. He should stick to storytelling, he is after all, more solid mainstream writer than most folks who write comic books. He should stay as far away from history and continuity as possible, because despite his assertions to the contrary, he just does not know it.

Glenn