Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heroclix
I totally agree wit 'Chantress! You're taking over the world subliminally by making us all addicts to your evil games....See this is how it always starts. Yeah it's all fun and games first...then Surfer's takin your life savings....you gotta watch out for him....However, I'm glad to see that there's a Batman figure who is powerful. Yea

Da Bat :dcbat:
I resent that comment surfer. I don't know what baby momma you got, but I'd like to go to Olive Garden Wink Anywhosal tonights game is shaping up to be interesting. We are pulling out all of the Arch ememies and flipping coins one by one to see who gets which character and we are going into battle. One on one. I'll let you all know the outcome.
That game ended up being about a 2000 point game and took about 3 hours!!!!! We only got 5 actions per turn and ended up using a bunch of characters that would ordinarily be untouched. For example: I got saddled up with Unique Joker and Black Manta, While Nova had to use Hobgoblin and a couple of Hand Ninjas!!! Smile It was a bunch of fun though. The worst part was when my Kingdom Come superman Critical missed TWICE trying to get a pot shot off on cheap characters that were more nuisance than anything.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Doing it the way we did though led to a very UNEVEN match in power. I held my own for awhile, but I got my butt kicked. It was fun though and I would like to try again maybe using only Marvel or only DC.
That sounds like a fun game. We don't have all the arch-enemy characters, but I'm sure we could put together a decent version of that game. How did you insure that the points would come out even on both sides of the table? Did you use lesser versions of some characters like Exp. Flash, so he would come out closer in point value to his arch enemy Gorilla Grodd? Or someone like Rookie Magneto to better match Vet. Professor X?

I am curious as to how you guys made this game work.

TMT
Here's what we did. We pulled all characters, Uniques or Vet versions of characters. Then we took turns flipping a coin. Heads you get hero, tails you get villain, the other person gets whichever you don't. It was mostly up to chance which character you got play with. We added up our team totals after we were done and upon sheer need, I swapped Enchantress for Thor becuase I got way screwed in the power department. The game was fun though because we played with characters that don't get much play. All in all it was a fun game but it would be better to even things out a bit. For extra fun if a character killed their respective enemy, everyone on the killing characters team got a click of healing. We each took 5 actions and just went with regular rules from there.
We only used Veteran versions of Figures, so there were some uneven totals
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Anyone see the new release from WizKids yesterday?

oooh ahh....Finally! I get my Sinister!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Yeah, this new Marvel set looks pretty cool so far. The sneak peaks and spoilers that I've seen/read make it sound very interesting. There are a bunch of characters that need revamping, and this set will allow them to do that.

So...how many points do you figure Ultimate Thor to come in at? 220?...240?

How about Ultimate Colossus? I am betting upwards to around 145. He is a powerhouse monster in the Ultimate universe. I mean come on folks...it took a localized nuclear explosion to stop the guy from wailing one Thor.

I think this new set sounds fun!
Has the wife seen...Mr. Sinister yet? I'm pretty sure she has, because I was pretty sure I heard a squeal of joy sometime last wednesday!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
I went to WWE, and I saw a few Sinisters in person. One of the nicest sculpts/paint jobs I've ever seen.
Thats too cool! I am not that interested in the Ultimates set, but there are of coarse a few pieces that I will just have to have. My list of must haves is:

Mr. Sinister
Baron Zemo
Xorn
Carnage
Goblin Queen
Magneto
Phoenix
Mysterio
Ghost Rider
Wrecker
Captain Britain

And, as is the case with every set, most of my must haves are Uniques, which means that I won't get but maybe a scant few of them. Oh well...I'll at least have fun playing my cool Mail Away Magneto...all hopped up on kick! Yeah, thats a good message to send the kiddies.

This is Magneto...this is Magneto on drugs...any questions?
I don't care who I have to maim....Sinister will be MINE!

Mine! You hear me!! all mine!!

*runs away with all her toys* Ha! ha!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
In line with our goal of giving you, our members, what you seem to want, here is an interview with Wizkids' Director of Game Design Jon Leitheusser.

~~~~~~~~~~
Posted 09/06/2004
Source The Pulse
BY D. C. DILL

Friday, May 21st was the opening day of Wizard World East in Philadelphia. I got a chance to sit down for over an hour with Director of Game Design Jon Leitheusser and interview him about WizKids’ wildly popular game, HeroClix. As almost all HeroClix fanboys will know, Jon Leitheusser is the main designer for HeroClix at WizKids, Inc. HeroClix is a table top battle game using miniatures of super heroes with their stats and powers displayed on the base on which they stand. As the character takes damage, the base gets “clicked” and different stats appear, reflecting a change in the character. It’s simple, fun, and widely popular. My wife Lorie and I are big HeroClix fans. So while we were both disappointed to miss out on Galactus, we were thrilled to get a chance to talk to Jon.

THE PULSE: What’s your background in comics and gaming?
LEITHEUSSER: [PULSE NOTE: (pronounced LIGHT-HOUSE-ER) ] I started when I was ten, and I’m thirty-four now. I started playing role-playing games at age 12. I’ve always loved comics, and I’ve worked in a comic store and for a comics distributor. From there, I started my own publishing company before finally landing the job at WizKids.

THE PULSE: Marvel or DC?
LEITHEUSSER: When I was a kid, I preferred Marvel. But now I really don’t have any preference for one company over another. I’m more interested in quality stories and accurate representations of the characters more than I am about who’s publishing the books.

THE PULSE: Do you read current comics? What are your favorite books?
LEITHEUSSER: Planetary, the Flash, Daredevil, JSA, the Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Invincible and almost anything by Brian Michael Bendis.

THE PULSE: What about Aquaman?
LEITHEUSSER: I picked up the book with the latest creative team and thought it was going in a good direction.

THE PULSE: You list Planetary as your favorite book, so why are there no Planetary or Authority HeroClix pieces yet?
LEITHEUSSER: There are several reasons for that. One is that the Planetary license is Wildstorm, not DC, and the legal issues would be slightly different. Another is the more adult themed issues that Planetary (or the Authority) deals with. When considering characters for HeroClix, one of the considerations is that a kid might get a character in a booster and want to know more about the character. Leading kids to those books might not be the best strategy when introducing kids to comics.

THE PULSE: That’s understandable, but how could you list Ultimate Fantastic Four as your favorite Ultimate book on the first day of the pre-release for HeroClix Ultimates, a set which featured characters from Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimates, and Ultimate X-Men, but no characters from Ultimate Fantastic Four?
LEITHEUSSER: Simple. When I designed the set, the book hadn’t been announced yet.

THE PULSE: How often do you get a chance to play for fun? Who’s your favorite piece? Do you ever play theme teams or strictly strategy teams?
LEITHEUSSER: I don’t get to play for fun very often, infrequently, at best. Most of my HeroClix time is spent play testing pieces and concepts that are still in development. I’m not really super competitive with the game, so when playing for fun I make a team I want to play, not a hyper-competitive team. Some of the theme teams I’ve built center more on how a lot of one power would work out; like an all Blades/Claws/Fangs team – just to see how it performs and if it’s a viable strategy. When working on tournament-style teams I put a lot more thought into it.

THE PULSE: WizKids just announced a Lord of the Rings game. Will that be miniatures based? And are there any hard feelings about the current Lord of the Rings table top, click-base game currently being offered by Sabretooth Games?
LEITHEUSSER: No hard feelings at all. The thought didn’t even occur to us. WizKids as a whole feels great about getting the Lord of the Rings license and the fact that we couldn’t do a click-based miniature version of the property never stopped us. The general feeling is that we are already doing a fantasy based miniature game (MageKnight), and we wanted to do something different with the Lord of the Rings property. We’re using the same styrene card method that we’ve developed for Pirates of the Spanish Main. And our goal is to offer the kind of battles that are too huge in scope to center around individual miniature type pieces.

[PULSE NOTE: See the WizKids website’s Lord of the Rings announcement for more info. Pirates of the Spanish Main is expected to release in July. Lord of the Rings is listed as coming in October.

THE PULSE: Unleashed was released in the end of April and Ultimates is due sometime in June. That’s barely three months between releases. And in the middle you’ve got Universe. It seems that 2004 is packed with HeroClix. Do you think the increased frequency will hurt the line in the long run? Will the second half of the year be as crowded with new releases as the first half? Are you looking at setting up a standard amount of time between releases?
LEITHEUSSER: I think that the release time between DC HeroClix Unleashed and Marvel HeroClix Ultimates (which is about three months) is just fine. I don’t think that the end of June release for Ultimates will hurt Unleashed, and that’s mostly because Unleashed has already exceeded expectations. Unleashed has been the best selling DC set to date. I don’t think that Marvel Universe really hurts the releases between Unleashed and Ultimates, and that’s because Universe is not aimed at the hard-core HeroClix fan. We built Marvel Universe with the idea that hard core fanboys could buy a starter set, get the rules and the only six pieces that are unique to Universe, and never have to pick up the rest of the set. Universe is meant more for new players, and for that reason I don’t think it will have on impact on Unleashed or Ultimates. In my opinion, three months between sets sounds about right. It will probably be closer to four months between sets in the future, and there’s one more HeroClix set scheduled to release in 2004.

THE PULSE: Are there any new game mechanics coming up, like relics for MageKnight or mountable pieces?
LEITHEUSSER: Yeah, some new things are coming up. But that’s all I can say right now.

THE PULSE: That Bat Sentry in Unleashed was a nice touch. Although it did mess up the distribution a tad, I think fans were overall pleased with the outcome. And especially since it didn’t take the slot of a unique. Are there any plans to continue the oversized figure type piece with characters like Giant Man or Colossal Boy?
LEITHEUSSER: Yes, definitely. Bat Sentry was a big hit and we do indeed plan on putting out more double sized figures. As for messing up the case distribution, that’s not really a factor. It amounts to the loss of one super-common figure so we could fit the Bat Sentry in. Bat Sentry didn’t take the place of a Unique, and we don’t intend to change that.

THE PULSE: Do you think that Marvel Universe is off to a good start in your goal of reaching a much wider audience?
LEITHEUSSER: Yes. We seem to be shipping Universe out to a whole lot of new stores that we previously didn’t ship to. So that alone is an indication that Universe is off to a strong start.

THE PULSE: How did you approach deciding which characters went into the Universe set? Many fanboys were surprised that pieces like the Con Artist got included along with expected stalwarts Spider-Man, Hulk, and Iron Man. Were those decisions made strictly on popularity of the character or was playability involved?
LEITHEUSSER: Both of those factors were considered, along with how the characters are arranged together on the production moulds. (The production moulds of a set, amongst other things, decides the rarity and distribution levels of different characters.)

THE PULSE: To many it seemed that Clobberin’ Time got the shaft when it came to Universe. Why was Clobberin’ Time passed over for inclusion in the Marvel Universe set?
LEITHEUSSER: You have to look at it more from the business end of things. Clobberin’ Time was more of a fanboy set. Xplosion has more marquee pieces with more public visibility. And since Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Doom were on a different mould than Thing, Human Torch, and Invisible Woman, it was impractical to get the whole Fantastic Four into the Marvel Universe set.

THE PULSE: Generally speaking, what did you do different in approaching the Ultimate universe? Did you give thought to comparison between the two different versions of the character? If the Marvel Universe Cap is considered to be WizKids’ definition of the character, is the Marvel Ultimates Cap really that much cooler than the Marvel Universe Cap comic-wise?
LEITHEUSSER: How pieces compare is definitely a factor when I design a set. It can be a little more difficult with the older sets, as there’s been “Scope Creep” in stats and powers since the beginning. By “Scope Creep” I mean that characters are getting more powerful in every expansion. It’s fairly natural, but it can lead to problems. I look back at the original Robin from Hypertime and can’t believe what I see. In my opinion, Robin should have so much more than what he has there. I’m not a fan of the Captain America from Marvel Infinity Challenge. I don’t see it as an accurate portrayal of the Marvel Universe Cap and I would like a chance to do a better version. That’s reflected in how I handled the Captain America piece from Ultimates. It’s a very different piece than the Infinity Challenge Cap, because I wanted to make something completely different. So when designing the Ultimate Cap, I tailored the piece more towards the rough and tumble version found in the Ultimates comic book.

THE PULSE: May marked two years since the release of Marvel HeroClix, and September marks two years since the release of DC HeroClix. Any plans for a DC Universe set? Any plans for retiring some Hypertime pieces?
LEITHEUSSER: I don’t know of any plans to make a DC set similar to the Marvel Universe set. But I do know that DC will definitely start to retire sets based on newer expansions. The details haven’t been released yet.

THE PULSE: Will the retiring of lines remain universe specific? Only Marvel lines cancelled with the addition of new Marvel lines?
LEITHEUSSER: Yes. That’s the plan.

THE PULSE: Because of the character-driven nature of HeroClix, it’s inherently different from MageKnight in terms of retiring characters. With Clobberin’ Time next on the chopping block, fans lose some Marvel mainstay characters for tournament play. Any plans to redo the Marvel Universe versions of Thor, the Fantastic Four, Nightcrawler, and Nick Fury? Will Marvel Mainstays be re-done every couple of sets to keep such characters in rotation? Will the Marvel Universe set ever be added to?
LEITHEUSSER: Yes, I have every intention of cycling back through some characters and reintroducing them as their original versions are retired, although the specifics aren’t in place yet. There are no totally new characters in the Marvel Universe set, and if we ever do additional sets similar to the Marvel Universe set we’ll continue with that idea. Again, Universe is designed for a wider audience that probably hasn’t been introduced to HeroClix yet. So we kept the pieces that were unique to Universe limited to the starter. The reason for doing this was so we could have a starter box that definitely was a starter, with pieces and point totals that allowed a game to be played immediately out of the box.

THE PULSE: The Flash is widely known to be much faster than Quicksilver. Do you seek balance between the Universes… do you take character stats from Marvel in mind when designing DC and vice-versa?
LEITHEUSSER: Yes, I definitely look at that. And while Quicksilver may have a higher speed value, he doesn’t have Hypersonic Speed, and between those figures that makes a big difference.

THE PULSE: Can fans expect to see new maps soon? Scenarios? Big figs or anything outside of a normal release?
LEITHEUSSER: I would like to do more maps. The map packs we put out last summer meets some of the need for maps. There are currently no plans for more big figs or anything other than a regular release.

THE PULSE: Marvel Universe seemed like a good opportunity for hard-core HeroClix fans to get a new map. Instead, a shorter, tournament-illegal, reworked version of an old map was included. Why wasn’t a standard sized map included with Marvel Universe?
LEITHEUSSER: Again, the business side of things comes into play. It all boils down to cost. The reduction in the size of the map in the Universe set helped us to put the Starter set out at such a low price. It isn’t ideal in terms of game play, but it was the best way to go when keeping in mind the goal of the Marvel Universe set to pull in new players.

THE PULSE: Tell me about Galactus-Gate at Wizard World L.A. from your perspective.
LEITHEUSSER: I think the term “Galactus-Gate” is inappropriate. The situation was problematic, but it wasn’t impeachment-worthy. The reasons for what happened have already been mentioned. Ten thousand more people showed up than what either WizKids or the Wizard World people were expecting. And there was no way to forecast that kind of turnout. There was nothing Machiavellian on the part of WizKids about Galactus, it was really a matter of not knowing. We wanted to make Galactus something cool and neat and it’s a shame that his debut didn’t go as well as we would have liked. As for making Galactus more common, that’s not going to happen. The idea of Galactus as a convention exclusive is that he’s a limited edition piece than not everyone is going to get. If you manage to get one, then it’s special and if you don’t you keep trying. It drives excitement and interest. Once we make him available to everyone, then there’s nothing special about him. Many, many companies do things like this and it’s surprising that people have reacted the way they have to it. Hopefully the changes we’ve made for how the figures will be sold at future shows will make it more positive for everyone.

THE PULSE: For every thirty fanboys that live and die by the glory of HeroClix, there’s at least one nitwit that has nothing good to say about it. Unfortunately, it’s that nitwit that’s most vocal on the message boards. What goes through your head when you see some of the negativity on message boards about your product?
LEITHEUSSER: Most of what gets me really bothered on the message boards is misinformation. Either opinion presented as fact or something that’s just horribly wrong in the first place. I rarely jump in to correct someone, as that can lead to a drawn out discussion I don’t have the time to be involved in. When approaching message board topics regarding HeroClix, I start with the assumption that nobody has anything positive to say. I counted. When we released the sneak peek of Marvel Girl, the first negative post was only four posts in, and it started to go downhill from there. I stopped reading at about six posts.

THE PULSE: Does a message board thread along the lines of “Here’s how I would’ve done the character” ever influence your creations?
LEITHEUSSER: No… Never. First of all, if they’re reworking a character I’ve already done, my thoughts are ‘that’s interesting, but I’ve already done the character’. If it’s a character I haven’t seen, I don’t even want to look. I just don’t want to pollute myself. It’s too fine a line between inspiration and plagiarism. I admit that if I’m not a big fan of the character, then people who are a big fan may be upset by the representation. I can’t know all the comic characters out there, but I’m a fair authority on the majority of them. Lady Shiva and the first Batgirl from DC Cosmic Justice were harshly criticized and I probably could have been done better on them if I were a bigger fan of those characters. I try to make every character as accurate as possible, but ultimately, these are all my interpretations of the characters and they will naturally differ from someone else’s.

THE PULSE: How do you go about picking the line ups for the releases? Do fans have any input? Playtesters? Is it a committee decision or all on you?
LEITHEUSSER: Playtesters and fans don’t have any official say but I pay attention to what they’re asking for. Really, the line-ups for releases all start with me. I come up with the entire set and run it by the marketing department for approval. Sometimes one of the WizKids sculptors will request to do a certain character, and I’ll put that character in the set knowing I’ll get back a really good sculpt. It’s funny, but sometimes I see people’s wish lists on line and they’re taking credit for predicting half the characters in the next set. And I think, well sure, if you guess 150 characters 20 are probably going to be right. An example of a character that’s been brought up and dismissed is DC’s Etrigan the Demon. Just too many issues surrounding putting a character named ‘the Demon’ in the set. That doesn’t mean I’ve given up on the character, though. I’d like to get him in eventually.

THE PULSE: Characters from Kingdom Come appeared in Unleashed. Was Alex Ross involved on any level with DC Unleashed?
LEITHEUSSER: DC owns the rights to those characters, so it was DC Comics who signed off on WizKids being able to use those characters. Alex was asked to do the box art for the set, but that didn’t happen for a variety of reasons. And when DC found out that Alex couldn’t do the box art, they asked that none of the Kingdom Come characters be used on the box art. They didn’t want anybody but Alex to handle the characters. They’re thinking was that if it wasn’t Alex, than it wouldn’t look right. And that’s something I agree with. Even so, it would be great to get his art on the boxes at some point. Hopefully in the future.

THE PULSE: Are you kept apprised of storylines in advance? For instance, did you know that Xorn was Magneto before any fanboy had an inkling? Do Marvel and DC try to keep you aware of upcoming character changes?
LEITHEUSSER: No. We didn’t know about Xorn. They don’t tell us that sort of thing. It would’ve been nice to know about Xorn in advance. We often ask about plans for a certain characters, and which characters would be nice to include in a set. It’s nice to dovetail characters with a new comic release, or a movie appearance. Another example of changes to characters that we couldn’t have known about is when they gave Archangel the power to heal people. Well…we just put out an Archangel and he didn’t have that power when we created him, so I couldn’t have put it on the dial. That sort of thing happens because of how far ahead we have to make the dials. Still, it would’ve been nice to know.

THE PULSE: Marvel has the premier set, four expansions, and now Universe. DC has the premier set and two expansions. Do you rank DC lower than Marvel in terms of WizKids’ priorities? How do the two match up in your upcoming schedules?
LEITHEUSSER: There’s no preference on the part of WizKids towards one comic company or the other. I view HeroClix as one game line. The only reason for any perceived Marvel dominance is that Marvel is making movies. Xplosion and Ultimates were put out to coincide with the big Marvel summer movies. When DC starts putting out more movies, maybe we’ll swing that way.

THE PULSE: When can we hope to see the next DC set?
LEITHEUSSER: It’ll be a little while, but it will happen. That’s all I can say.

THE PULSE: Any plans to branch out in the DC Universe with teams like the Outsiders, the Metal Men, and the Doom Patrol, or expand rosters of teams like the JSA and the Legion? Any plans for Silver Age versions of some characters? Any plans for the animated Teen Titans?
LEITHEUSSER: Yeah, we’re definitely looking to expand. The problems with adding team abilities is that there’s only so much room on the Powers and Abilities Card. I’ve been working on some other options, though, so you may see a different approach in the future. I’m interested in doing Golden or Silver Age versions of DC Characters, especially Barry Allen. But those choices have to be made carefully, because character recognition is important and some of the Silver Age versions look completely different from the current day version. That’s not a problem in the Flash’s case, but it certainly is for others. As for the animated versions of the Teen Titans, that’s a different license completely, so no plans for them.

THE PULSE: When can we expect to see the entirely Aquaman-themed DC HeroClix set?
LEITHEUSSER: Uhmmm … next week. [laughs]

PULSE NOTES
About the Catwoman special edition piece, can fans redeem UPC symbols from Hypertime starter sets they bought two years ago? Can they substitute UPC symbols from the DC Premier Edition set?

Jon didn’t know the answer to this, and asked me to check with marketing. I sent a quick note to Jason Mical, Communications Manager for WizKids, Inc. The answer I got back was that the register receipt had to be dated after June 4th, 2004. And yes, fans can use the UPCs from Premium Starter sets.

More information about the Catwoman special edition piece can be viewed at the WizKids website

Thanks to Jon Leitheusser for taking the time to withstand an interview with me. Marvel HeroClix Ultimates releases on June 30th, 2004 and Marvel Universe is in stores now. For more information about WizKids and their products, please visit their website.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
For Sale: One husband, slightly used. Comes complete with vast assortment of Heroclixs, maps, custom maps, custom figures, LE figures, heroclixs carrying cases...is not housebroke.
Make best offer. No refunds.

(sorry, I had to!)
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
What are you looking for? I am willing to talk a dollar amount for this prime offer. Sounds like a pretty good guy to me. I'm not so sure about the lack of housbreaking, but I'm sure with the proper training...

Anybody would be lucky to have such an extremely rare find of a person around the house. maybe you should consider keeping him, because you would definitely miss him when he was gone. I need someone to play good heroclix games with, but I think YOU might need him more. Please consider HIS feelings also. I'm sure he LOVES you and it hurts his feelings to be placed up for auction.
You know you wouldn't be love him any other way. So he's addicted to plastic crack? Oh, well it could be worse. He could be straightening his taped up black rimmed glasses while adjusting his pocket protector doing nothing all day but explaining to you why the NEXT GENERATION is better than the ORIGINAL SHOW or vice versa. I think you got a pretty good one and shouldn't be so apt to put him on the auctioning block.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
First off, it was a JOKE....

Secondly... he WAS the guy explaining why TNG was better than the original series WHEN I MET HIM!

And I really miss that guy! So ha!
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
He's still there, don't worry. He might be a little buried by new responsibilities and a fairly new lifestyle change, but the man you love is right in front of you.

And don't worry, I knew you were kidding. I'm just giving you the same kind of crap you've grown to know and love from me, and putting things in perspective a little.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Rob.. I think A was just trying to put forward something of suitable value in swap for a sinister unique Wink
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I know she wants that unique BAD, but I don't think the little plastic figurine is going to do the dishes and rub her feet. Now, if it does, then I would say that she got a pretty good deal.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Here's another fun article by DC Dill over at The Pulse - this time about the dangers of meeting Galactus in a Heroclix match.. and of playing with your wife! Wink

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=002504">http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimate ... 6&t=002504</a><!-- m -->
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
WIZKIDS AND NCSOFT TEAM UP FOR CITY OF HEROES HEROCLIX

July 22, 2004 (SEATTLE) — WizKids Inc., makers of the best-selling HeroClix® collectable miniatures game (CMG), and NCsoft®, makers of the runaway hit City of Heroes™ massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG), have teamed up to create a Limited Edition HeroClix figure.

“The success of HeroClix and City of Heroes shows that the comic book genre couldn’t be stronger,” said Jordan Weisman, WizKids® CEO. “It was natural that the two biggest names in comic book games would work together to provide their players with tastes of each other’s game.” The first Limited Edition figure of the City of Heroes main “character,” Statesman, will be available through various WizKids and NCsoft promotions, including being featured in NCsoft’s City of Heroes Collector’s Edition Box Set, slated to be on shelves this winter.

“I’ve been playing HeroClix since its inception and see a natural fit between their game and City of Heroes,” said Jack Emmert, lead designer for City of Heroes. We’re all very excited to be working with the WizKids team in bringing Statesman to another fine gaming system.”

The Statesman HeroClix figure, sculpted and designed by WizKids’ award-winning artists and game developers, is fully playable in any Open HeroClix game. For more HeroClix information, go to wizkidsgames.com/HeroClix. For more City of Heroes information, go to cityofheroes.com.

In City of Heroes, players realize their comic book dreams in an online game home to an entire universe of superpowered heroes and villains. Players build their own unique heroes from millions of possible character combinations and venture into Paragon City to discover all the danger, wonder and excitement that awaits.

Founded by 20-year game-industry veteran Jordan Weisman, WizKids is a Seattle-based game developer and publisher dedicated to creating tabletop games driven by imagination. Its Mage Knight™, MechWarrior®, MLB™ SportsClix™ and HeroClix CMGs are among the most successful games on the market today, and the company has sold hundreds of millions of figures worldwide. WizKids’ games are fully supported with organized play at conventions and retail venues. For additional information, visit wizkidsgames.com.

NCsoft – North America (NC-NA) is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and is part of Korea-based NCsoft Corporation. NC–NA, with development and administrative offices in Texas and California, just launched two groundbreaking titles in the first half of 2004: Lineage™ II and City of Heroes. The company also works with NCsoft subsidiary ArenaNet™ (located in Seattle) and third-party developers throughout North America, such as Cryptic Studios, to develop and publish innovative online entertainment software products. More information about NCsoft – North America can be found at plaync.com.

Cryptic Studios Inc., located in San Jose, Calif., was established in July 2000. It is an independent developer of massively multiplayer online games for the PC and next-generation consoles. Its first game, City of Heroes, launched April 2004. The game takes place in a virtual world where thousands of people play simultaneously, take on the role of superpowered heroes, fight villains and help create a dynamic story in a visually stunning, 3-D graphical world. More information about Cryptic Studios can be found at crytpicstudios.com.

NCsoft, Lineage and ArenaNet are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. City of Heroes is a trademark of Cryptic Studios, Inc. and NCsoft Corporation. Cryptic Studios is a trademark of Cryptic Studios, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2004 WizKids Inc. All rights reserved. MechWarrior, HeroClix, SportsClix, Mage Knight and WizKids are trademarks of WizKids Inc. Official Licensee — Major League Baseball Players Association. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigleaguers.com">www.bigleaguers.com</a><!-- w --> Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. MLB.com.
I'm typing this because I know that TMT and Chanty would want to know. In WIZKIDS newest release that is coming out in November (MUTANT MAYHEM). We are FINALLY going to see the release of EVERYONE'S FAVORITE MERC WITH A MOUTH. DEADPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! IF you two can't get your hands on at least one, I'll be sure to try to whip up some of my extras for you!
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]
Oh I've seen him. And he looks to be represented well in Clix form. I am very excited about the Mutant Mayhem set over all, because it looks to have some of the greatest characters included in it. Sasquatch looks great...Wonderman is finally getting made...MODOK is a great choice...the set is just chock full of cool cool figures. Here's hoping Santa Claus remembers I like Heroclix this year.
I think you may have a brother and his girlfriend that already are thinking about said things. We'll have to see. Have you been naughty or nice. Remember, I only reward naughty.
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]