Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC: Bruce Jones 2 Year Exclusive
Posted: July 6, 2004
Source CBR
by Jonah Weiland

DC Comics has announced today that writer Bruce Jones has signed an exclusive agreement with DC Comics. Jones is best known in the comics community for his work on "The Hulk" and other titles for Marvel. DC also confirmed the rumor floated by Rich Johnston this Monday that Jones was lined up to write "Vigilante."

Official Press Release

Bruce Jones, writer of comics including The Hulk, Spider-Man's Tangle Web and many others, has signed a 2-year exclusive agreement with DC Comics. Jones will be writing for VERTIGO, the DCU, and WildStorm, starting with the miniseries VIGILANTE and a story arc in BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT.

"I've been itching to come over and play in the DC sandbox for years now - to reacquaint myself with old friends both inside the books and out, and to meet new faces," says Jones. "Some of my earliest work was for DC, and it's been too long since I roamed the New York editorial halls (and now the La Jolla editorial halls!) figuratively and literally. I honestly think VIGILANTE is shaping up to be one of my best efforts, and I'm looking forward to continued work with Alex Sinclair on the series. At the same time, I'm enjoying my work with Jonathan Vankin, Joey Cavalieri, Scott Dunbier, and others, as well as Karen Berger on several weird and way-out VERTIGO projects. All in all, I think this is going to be one of my most exciting times in comics!"

Karen Berger, VP - Executive Editor, VERTIGO, says, "We're delighted to have a writer of Bruce's talent and experience here at DC, and we look forward to working with him on projects that will showcase his signature style of modern horror."

"Bruce Jones' versatility and professionalism make him a real asset to DC Comics," says Dan DiDio, DC's VP - Editorial. "We're truly excited to see what he's going to bring to the DCU."

"As a fan of Bruce Jones' work for more than 25 years, it's great to finally get a chance to work with him," says Scott Dunbier, Executive Editor, WildStorm. "I anxiously await whatever ideas his unique vision will deliver."
Unlike his Hulk stories that didn't have the Hulk in them, will the Vigilante and Batman actually be in these new stories Bruce Jones will be writing for DC? ;-)

Glenn Walker