Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Just finished reading this yesterday. Feel free to jump into discussions.

First off, Thor said he heard somewhere that this book is Rowling's "Empire Strikes Back." Nothing could be truer.

While I feel the book was a bit rushed, as was the ending, I'm still left amazed by it all.

Spoilers
[spoiler]NO FRIGGIN WAY! Snape did not just off Dumbledore! While I knew from chapter 2 that Malfoy was out to kill Dumbledore (I feel that was very thinly veiled...I had no frickin clue Snape would turn out to be the HBP! [/spoiler]
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I totally agree. I did however throw the book across the room when I got done though. All I know is that I need some sort of resolution.
Enchantress Wrote:Just finished reading this yesterday. Feel free to jump into discussions.

First off, Thor said he heard somewhere that this book is Rowling's "Empire Strikes Back." Nothing could be truer.

While I feel the book was a bit rushed, as was the ending, I'm still left amazed by it all.

Spoilers
[spoiler]I had no frickin clue Snape would turn out to be the HBP! [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Really? I thought it was obvious from the get-go. Who else would be that well-versed in Potions?[/spoiler]
And I also threw the book across the room, not at the end though (although I am looking forward to the next one... summer 2006 can't come soon enough!) just before the end, there is an entire chapter that is sloppily and lazily written. I don't know if the editors just skipped that one or what but I was sorely disappointed. After over 6000 pages of well-written perfection, this was glaring and upsetting.

Glenn