Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knowing Me Knowing You
Well it took me a while to remember to get this thread going. I always think it's nice to know a little about each other and so this is the thread to give everyone a brief insight into who you are. If you want, you can even include a picture to scare the natives! Any uncalled for or off topic posting will be removed from the thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Image: DCGlocalhero001.jpg]

Hi, my name is Bill and i'm an alcoholic.. oops wrong board... *takes a deep breath and starts again* ...Hi, my name is Bill and I am a 3*mumble* year old comic fan from Scotland and one of the poor saps ponying up the cash for the venture you are currently reading. For my sins and to pay for my rent (and the boards upkeep) I am a Systems Analyst and Developer for a multinational banking group. I am the youngest of seven kids and spent much of my childhood trying to prevent my brother (a year older than me but no wiser) from swapping my comics at school for stuff. I enjoyed a lot of comics as a kid and teenager, mostly british marvel releases (but I did get the odd import which were very rare in those days), Eagle, 2000AD, Roy of the Rovers, Victor, Warlord and lots more that have since gone the way of the Dodo. I parted ways with the comic world in my late teens and only really got back into them in a big way in the past couple of years, mainly because I have found them to be a great inspiration to create my photomanips and got me started doing some digital coloring too. My artwork can be found here in the Ink & Paint Club and on display over at Comics2Film's Digital Concept Gallery. It also rekindled my interest in writing and RPGs of which the Board's Guardians of Twilight is a current fave.

Since I got back into comics, I don't tend to buy individual monthly books much these days although I have been tempted by a few of the limited series on the go at the moment. I mostly buy TPBs(Trades) and collected works. My current favourite reads from the House of Ideas are Fantastic 4, Exiles, Ultimate X-Men and Weapon X, Spectacular Spiderman and Avengers. From the Distinguished Competition I think my faves are JLA, Fables, Y-The Last Man and Wildcats. I got just got into Crossgen as they were cancelling most of their books (typical eh) which was a shame as I enjoyed their 'no traditional superhero' universes, especially Crux, Meridian and Ruse. I recently got TPB #3 and #4 of Sojourn and think I have found a new fave. I would also highly recommend Rex Mundi from Image if you are looking for something a little different. My favourite place to browse comics is Forbidden Planet in Glasgow, but the Waterstones and Borders stores both have decent sections too (and you can read the books you don't fancy buying over a coffee there too heh).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I think that's enough about me, let's hear a little or a lot about all of you.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread