Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Standard? Eastern? Daylight savings time?
Well, what makes it really difficult is the area we live in doesn't change time. However, the 2 largest cities near us.. Evansville and Indianapolis do. But they are both on different time zones.
Confusing doesn't even begin to describe it! Especially when people call me during lunch at work and say "uh! it's only 10:00 am!" I have to reply with "no, it's 11:00 here and our lunch schedule ranges from 11-1." Then they call back right at 5 and give me some crap about it only being 4:00pm.
I grew up in Kentucky, where as backwards as folks might say they are, at least they know HOW to change time.
Indiana has always cracked me up on this. The reasons range from the cows not wanting to produce milk (which boggles my mind, since Indiana isn't a huge dairy cattle state) to chickens not wanting to lay eggs. It's all a very backwater mentality for a state that boasts celebrities, big name colleges, The Indy 500 for crying out loud!, and some of the largest drug manufacturers in the United States.

Someone needs to blow out the candles and turn on the electricity, if you get my drift.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread