Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossgen: Is Alessi's Ship Sinking?
If CGE do go to the wall, I would say there is a fairly good chance that a lot of their offerings would find homes with other publishers and perhaps even some that have even been cancelled might see the light of day once more. hey I can hope. CGE spread themselves to thin to fast, without the resource to back up their level of expansion. While they have recieved some level of critical acclaim for their books, and indeed there has been a decent enough fan base for their 'non-superhero' output, the recent history has definitely provided a lesson for other publishers on what not to do.

Following this weekend’s news that CrossGen’s VP of Publishing, Bill Rosemann had quit the company last Thursday. Newsarama has now learned that VP of Marketing and Sales Chris Oarr resigned from CrossGen this morning (05/04/2004). In his position, Oarr coordinated the production and marketing of CrossGen’s trade paperback collections, acting as the primary liaison with the publisher’s trade distributor and retail partners. Most recently, Oarr spoke with Newsarama in regards to returning the trade program to a normal schedule.

In the words of Rip Torn.. I guess the last one left is stuck with the check. eh Mr Alessi?
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread