Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heroclix
They were convention exclusives that were done purely for fanboy fun.
I LOVE Ant-man. J made one for me simply because you can't TOUCH the original one without a heafty price tag attached.
The fact that the figure (Or lack there of) has a 20 defense makes him a monster! he may not have any attack capabilities, but he's probably going to be the last man standing on the board at the end of the game because usually no one can touch him.

My personal belief, and always has been, that the three most "cheated" Heroclix characters are Magneto, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Mags is a mere 103 points and his powers, while at first impressive, are not even on par with the homo superior he is. Quicksilver should have Hyper Sonic speed. And yes, I know, when he was made, HS was a DC only power. Wanda has NO incapacitate at all. Which is wrong! Probability control used to be a power I leaned on heavily, but since they've introduced Destiny at a cheaper point value than Wanda, I usually go with her if I am play a PC character. I feel it's a shame that Wanda has no attack powers.
Don't get me started on Cap...they robbed him too!
It's my hope that with the new Ultimates set, that they'll take the time to right some wrongs they've done.

And I refuse to pay some of the prices out there people are getting for these little pieces of plastic! Because let's face it, in 5 years, Heroclix will go the way of Overpower. The most I've ever paid for a figure was 30.00 (or something like that, pregnancy rattles the brain) for Nightcrawler. While cruising Ebay recently I saw one fetching 85.00 and about gave birth right then and there. Are people thinking??? At all???? At the comic shop, I blanched at the 22.00 price tag on Batman but J got it for me for my birthday. I was eyeing Martian Manhunter becuase he's my favorite JLA-er...until the clerk told me "65.00" I looked at him and said "for a piece of plastic?" Being the only woman in the shop at the time, I could feel the fansboys around me rolling their eyes. I looked at the figure, then back at the guy and said "Sorry, no sale. 65.00 buys a hell of alot of things...like a months worth of gas for my car."
Maybe I rationalize it too much. I don't know, but I can't see spending so much money on these figures. Sure, the game is fun and I enjoy playing, but in 10 years when they are sitting in my attic I'm going to have to explain to my kids WHY I spent the money on these little toy army men and what the novelity was behind it.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread