Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favourite Small Press Comic
The Coven, Lady Pendragon, Painkiller Jane Big Grin, in that order.

And the only reason they are in that order is because of the muber of issues I have for each title.

The Coven, which can loosely be descibed as the Guardians of the Twilight Rp we have going on here, is a simply magnificent book in my opinion. I'm still not even quite sure what they do..but man was it a great book.

I really wish I could give a better summary of the book, but the Rp thing is the closest I can think of. You have a 300 year old half vampire chick, A Catholic Priest who's semi-possesed by a demon, a "less than fit" college student who can see dead people, a white witch who's still a newbie to her craft, and the 6'6" 24 year old seventh son of the seventh son who has superstrength and can increase his density to become even stronger and tougher.

Oh yeah...and they fight Goblin armies living beneath New Orleans during Madri Gras. Or at least the witch chick and priest did. Don't know where the others were. I think the vampire chick might have become the Goblin Queen at some point. I'll have to go re-read the issue.

As for Lady Pendragon...well....that's who she was. King Arthur's wife/widow and Queen of England. Blessed with his sword and they type of fighting ability you'd think resevered for Wolverine, she carried on as a leader of the people and Champion of her country after he husband's death. Again...it's been a while since I read the books, but the art was great and the stories must have been good, seeing as how I picked up an issue whenever I saw one.

As for Painkiller Jane...... what can I say? She died. A lot. And I mean.. ALOT Granted i only have one issue of hers and the crossover she did with Punisher, but that chick takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Even made a CU banner for her. Yeah...I thought she was cool. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread