Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reload=Yet another Marvel Money Making scheme?
I was just getting ready to say Surfer... Umm...what ever happened to SpiderMan/Black Cat/ Or Daredevil The Target. Smith may be able to write, sure, I'll give you that, but as far as his producing a quality book on time, he's so unprofessional it's scary. The guy has entirely too many forks in the fire.
All I'm saying is, and most of you have to agree with me, bringing on someone known solely for writing a TV show (and a very popular one, I'll give you that) smacks of nothing but trying to bring in a different fanbase, and the way they've hyped it, it's just pure publicity.
When Brian Singer was asked to write Ultimate X-men, you saw maybe one or two articles about it and that was it. But this whole thing with Uncanny you can't open a comic magazine, webpage, anything without it being shouted at you.
Yes, it's enough to turn a diehard fan off. My belief is, bring in someone who knows the comic, how has a history with it, and let it get back on it's feet and back to what everyone used to enjoy reading. Then, if you want to do publicity stunts, go right ahead.

No, I'm finished. I wasted my money on too much Chris Claremont, Grant Morrison and Chuck Austen pablum to have to try to rationlize why I'm still picking up something I obviously don't enjoy anymore.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread