Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Field Trip
Kei did a double take trying to figure out if the silver-haired boy/man actually had been standing there less than two seconds ago, she was also muttering about his comment; not the finding him if she got bored with this Wanda person, the one about being baby-sat.
“I’m 27 years old, I don’t need a baby-sitter and if these people think that then I’m gonna be findin’ a way to get back to the island and Spot.” She tapped John on the shoulder in an attempt to get his attention, “You don’t think I need a baby-sitter, do you?” Kei asked him, her voice holding a hint of obvious annoyance. Her pride had been somewhat hurt with that question, though the sting was taken away by the added offering of finding him if she got bored…still, you didn’t mess with a surfer’s pride, it was an unwritten rule, only thing worse was droppin’ in on another surfer’s wave. Those things just weren’t done.

If he had stayed around any longer he would have heard an adapted version of Kei’s ‘what the hell were you thinkin’?’ speech, usually used for Barney’s who had the nerve to drop in on her choice wave…she might be neurotic but that didn’t mean she needed to be constantly watched.
“If I get bored, first he’s hearin’ the speech…then we’ll have some fun.” She muttered dryly, her gaze falling on the blue-furred man as she let out a low whistle, “And I thought I got a short straw.” Kei said in an undertone, her mind having gotten over Quicksilver’s comment for the most part. He would still hear her speech if they met back up, but she wasn’t going to dwell on it until she got herself too angry.
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread