Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Field Trip
Deviating from his norm, ‘Vok decided it would be best to just shut up and assess the situation before jumping into unknown waters. He was now standing in the middle of a room, filled to bursting with super heroes, and he was forced to agree with Kei, he was most definitely feeling out of place. ”I don’t thinks I’d go so far as blowing meself up over the situation, but it might turn in that direction if I don’t watch me back.” And then from behind him, as if on cue, the bouncing blue Beast appeared, and leaped past him, serving to startle the preoccupied pirate half to death. There was more going on in this mansion than he ever would have guessed.

Recovering from the scare, ‘Vok scanned the room once more, and began to come to a surprising realization. The Avengers actually seemed to be having fun. They were standing around, laughing and cavorting like a bunch of old pals, and very unlike the public image they presented on the evening news. ‘Vok wasn’t about to admit to anything yet, but somewhere deep down he thought there stood a chance of him not entirely despising his time spent with the world’s pre-eminent super folk. He did his best to listen in on as many of the conversation as he could, in order to find out what kind of turmoil the Avengers would be subjecting his team to. But the things he was hearing were so entirely absurd that he couldn’t believe his own hypersensitive Skrull hearing. There was no way the Avengers were leading the Guardian’s females on a shopping excursion. It just couldn’t be. Shaking his head a bit, trying to dislodge whatever it was that was disrupting his hearing, he turned to Kei as she spoke to him. “Yeah precious, I’ll be peachy. You go have fun…but don’t do anything I wouldn’t… Oh wait, on second thought, it might be best if you looked elsewhere for your moral examples,” and with that, he flashed her what was now a very familiar grin and turned towards Hawkeye and the other men gathered near him. ”I guess I’d better get this over with. But if he thinks for one second about taking me shopping, I’m outta here quicker than a Tiberian smuggler with a full hold.”

Standing face to face with the Avenger's archer, 'Vok posed his question, “So Hawk, what be the coarse you got set for us today?”

Messages In This Thread