Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Field Trip
Rocketing down the runway, 'Vok watched as Chandi manipulated the controls that sent them flying off to retrieve De. He couldn't help but notice how very similar the panel layouts were to Shiar vessel schematics. In fact, he figured he could probably fly the thing if he had to. It was a far cry from the propeller driven Earth vessels that he had seen flown in the past. Those things scared him. Nothing between yourself and the ground but a twisted piece of wood...no thanks. "Give me a rocket strapped to my ass any day of the week. That'll get ya places."

As they made their ascent, the radio came to life with AJ’s voice on the other end. Picking up the squawk box, ‘Vok keyed the thing and responded, “Don’t go worryin’ your pretty little self. We just gotta make a quick run to the Apple. The girls said they would help me track down me humility and self-control. I seem to have completely misplaced them a few days ago. Oh, and while we’re there we’re gonna pick up De. Be back soon...over...out.” ‘Vok grinned slightly as he placed the radio handset back in its cradle. But then a thought crossed his mind that hadn’t before. Looking over at Chandi he asked, “Ya know the jet is great and all. It’ll get us to New York lickety split, but how exactly do ya plan to land this beast on the top of a sky-scraper?”

Messages In This Thread