Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Field Trip
The plane made its way to New York in no time, as the trio of adventurers figured out the best way to attempt a rescue mission from a hypersonic jet. Well, to be honest Kei did most of the figuring, but 'Vok didn't think she would mind if he took some of the credit in future retellings of the story.

Given the accoutrement of the building’s exterior, it didn’t take long to track down Four Freedoms Plaza. Located in the heart of Manhattan, it stood as a testament to everything that one family could accomplish together. It also stood for the saccharine sweet sort of super heroics that made ‘Vok generally sick to his stomach. And if that didn’t do it, Chandi’s flying would. She seemed to take joy in attempting to make ‘Vok loose what little he had managed to scarf down before leaving Twilight Cove. Looking at Kei with a sort of “yeah yeah, I know you’re smart” sort of grin, ‘Vok leaned forward and pushed the Cloak and Hover button that the surfer girl had discovered. Immediately the engines cut back, slowing their approach to a near crawl. Slowly the engines groaned to a complete halt as the auxiliary thrusters kicked in and gently held the plane motionless in the air.
As the craft went about its maneuvers of its own accord, ‘Vok went to the back of the plane and cracked the hatch. Looking out he saw the top of the Four Freedoms Plaza, although he noticed that they were a considerable distance from the roof itself. Looking back up toward the pilot’s seat, he laughed and said, “Hey, I guess me needs a little practice on me approaches. It’s not quite as easy as it was on the Starjammer, you know.” Oops. Up until then ‘Vok had been very careful not to mention anything from his past. But he was getting decidedly more comfortable around his teammates, and things were bound to slip out. Doing his best to cover, he quickly continued, “Do either of ya see any sign of De out there? And for tha’ matter, do ya think he’ll be able to make tha’ jump?"

(post was approved by the GM)

Messages In This Thread