Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the Love? By Maxine Nelson
local,

Glad you liked my article so much Smile .

It's a concern of mine that just grows greater with the passage of time.

A good example of reasons for my concern now is a new limited series out from DC (My fave comics company) called Identity Crisis.

That title may seem intriguing but from what I've read about this mini's first 3 issues (thru spoilers & reviews) it's main purpose seems to be slaughtering both the integrity & loved ones of many of their heroes.

I mean I've seen a lot of icky things in comics, but this mini's becoming a cake taker Sad.

And here's a sad fact for you: the mini's writer Brad Meltzer has explicitly said that this mini is mainly focusing on a big mystery involving several heroes & villians, with a few murders only being a small part of that.

So does DC have the guts to market the comic that way, to let us know it is an intriguing stunner of a mystery with some big shocks, the kind of marketing would've intrigued me?

Nope! DC dropped the ball :roll:.

The minute I saw the ad trailer for ID Crisis on DC's homepage I knew this mini was taking a trip down the toilet. It had flashing bloodied letters with a mere hint of a picture of some heroes.

Gruesome doesn't sell me on comics (I already get Promethea & Outsiders so I don't need another comic to add for my dark interests) but intrigue, thought & care do :wink: .

Even some readers enjoying this mini are concerned about it's sadistic content!

And an even sadder thing I can't think of one comic set in the DCU I'd feel comfy giving to a child under the age of 10. JL Adventures & Astro City come to mind, but while they're printed by DC, they're from offshoot companies & not set in DC's main universe.

Messages In This Thread