Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spawn: The Animated Series
Conflicted.

On the one hand...I was a fan of the Spawn series when it was airing on HBO, and will even go so far as to say that it was indeed groundbreaking in quite a few ways....but on the same token I'm not sure I want to see it's revival.

Spawn is a great character with worlds of potential and all that jazz...but it's getting to the point when I'm just plain getting tired of seemingly every hero having something to do with Vampires or Demons or some sort of Evil. Granted, Spawn emerged before this seemed to be the case, and as such, I will respect whatever claims he makes to have such an angle. But as I said...a cartoon about a demon who fights for justice.... It just doesn't carry the same punch it did back when it originally made it's debut.

But then again...a part of me wants to support every stab the comics community makes at the mainstream. The new Batman Animated Series shows promise, and if Spawn's creative team can come up with a good strong season for this new cartoon, then maybe....just maybe....I'll have to get over my confliction.

</blabbering>

Messages In This Thread