Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Movies: X3
Posted 17/06/2004
Source CBR

James Marsden talked to IGN's FilmForce about work on his two comic book properties. With regards to the "X-Men" franchise, Marsden said, "If I had to guess, and I know the writers very well, and this would be purely speculation, that they would probably go into the Dark Phoenix Saga. It seems the natural way to go with the evolution of the comic book and with what happened at the end of 'X-Men 2.' And I think that's probably where they're going to go and I think that if that's the case, I'll have some good stuff to do. But I have no idea. I just have an inkling and I've just talked to the director and the writers and they hinted that, that that's where it's going to go, but it's so hard for me to get emotionally involved, but my coming back wouldn't be contingent upon them using that storyline. I'm very grateful to be a part of that whole franchise and I'd be a part regardless."

When asked about "Preacher," Marsden replied, "I'm still kind of going through my deal, but we're supposed to shoot in August. Very, very big following and some of the best writing I've ever read. Really dark, very dark, not for everybody. It challenges the kind of conventional religion and things like that. A very cynical piece, but some very brilliant writing. Right now we're kind of trying to figure out how to go in August, but I don't know for sure yet because we're not finished with everything. So, when the movie gets made, hopefully I will be playing Preacher. If it gets made, it will go before 'X-Men 3.'"
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread