Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Batman Animated Series
The Big Chill.....

Loved it! Now my third favorite episode of this season, The Cat and the Bat holding onto the top spot, I thought this was a great way to really introduce one of the core concepts that was projected when they pitched the idea for the show. They (the producers) spoke of how they wanted to show a third year Batman dealing with a slew of supervillains and asking himself the question of if he's there to fight them, or if they are there to fight him.

Well this episode and the flashback(s) it contained do a great deal in setting this concept forth in a tangible fashion, and that is something that I can now really appreciate and understand. I mean, I understood what they were saying to some extent, but to see it played out with the characters brings a new level of clarity to the notion. Great job to everyone involved.

Now then...onto the episode itself.....Loved it! The voice of Mr. Freeze was very, very suiting to the new design and they stayed close enough to the original character while at the same time reinventing him enough to please both old and new fans of The Bat. I do kinda miss the gun...but I digress. Also, they are doing an excellent job of showing how prepared Batman is for crazy stuff such as this, as this is (I believe) the first time we've seen and alternate costume for the caped crusader. We have seen add ons before, but this "Second" costume just screams new action figure and is so well put together that if I could, I would totally steal it for a character of my own.

Overall Score 8/10. It would have scored higher but there weren't enough gratuitous explosions.Smile

Messages In This Thread