Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen Titans
Ugh. Looks like I'm on the opposite end again. I was VERY dissappointed with Titans East Part 1 and 2. In my mind, Brother Blood has not been executed properly. His character is flat, his plans are unoriganl and illogical, his 'relationship' with Cyborg is no where near as well written as Robin's and Slades. In short, he's a second rate imitation of Slade. We aren't seeing anything that we haven't seen before.
I found part one rather dull and, again, done before. Part two, while the fight scenes were as good as usual, still fell short of redeeming this finale and even shorter of matching the calibar of 'Apprentice' and 'Aftershock'. I found it unrealistic that Cyborg would just up and leave his friends so easily and even more hard to swallow that neither him nor Robin in their arguement brought up the fact that they were BEST FRIENDS!! The other four Titans miss him as a friend, but nothing of the sort is mentioned between the two. And in the end, I found the twins more annoying than amusing.
So far, Season Three as been the runt of the bunch. I've got big expectations for season four. Focusses on Raven and we'll be seeing the reappearance of Trigon, who appears to be our main villian this coming season.
So yeah, to me, 'Titans East' was okay, but fell short of reaching its full potential and joining the ranks of 'Apprentice' 'After Shock' and 'How Long is Forever?' as my favorite episodes.

Messages In This Thread