Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen Titans
Again, I'm going to have to disagree. I have no problem with religion playing a part in cartoons, so long as it doesn't turn the show into a thirty minute preaching and try and convert its viewers. The old X-Men cartoon had an episode with Nightcrawler that was very religious orinated, even had Logan praying in a church at the end, a scene I really liked and still do.
The producers of the show decided to alter Blood from what he is in the comics, which again, I have no problem with, so long as it's done well. Many shows and comics have alternated original characters and made them just as likeable.
What I DON'T like is the way they used Blood. The way they portrayed him in the show. They mirrored him after Slade, tried to make him another major baddie who had a personal relationship with one of our heroes, in this case, Cyborg. They tried to copy what Slade and Robin had with Blood and Cyborg, and to me, they failed miserabley. Blood was, at best, a second rate reflection that could never hope to match Slade.
Heck, I started hating him at the begining. When Cyborg infiltrates the school, Blood goes up to him and says (paraphrasing)
"So, you think your pretty clever don't you? You think your so clever that you can sneak into my school, mingle with my students, and then humilate them in a crushing defeat. Well, let me tell you something, you're not clever, YOU'RE BRILLIANT!!"
Right then and there I was like WTH!?! Slade would have kicked his ass for infiltraing the school or interogated him very throughly. Heck, Slade would never have allowed his school to be snuck into. He would have seen Cyborg coming a mile away, just as he knew Robin was Red X. But instead, Blood CONGRATULATES him on breaking into his school and making his students, not to mention security, look like fools, and then lets him wander around unsupervised and unchecked.
Later on, when Blood attacks Titans East Tower he breaks in with his minions after hacking the security system and battles the New Titans. Then he gets TROUNCED and HUMILIATED. But he only does so to keep Cyborg's attention away from his trap, that he's controlling the other Titans. Now compare that to Slade. Slade set up an elaborate scheme where Titans Tower is almost sunk and discretely makes Terra saving the Tower as the only counter to the assualt. This gains the Titans trust on Terra and Slade has successfully put a spy amongst the Titans and they're none the wiser. So, Slade cleverly put a spy in the ranks and put his plan into action while Blood humilated himself to put plan into action. For pete's sake, he looked like this!!!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wf.toonzone.net/WF/teentitans/episodes/titanseastpt1/28.jpg">http://wf.toonzone.net/WF/teentitans/ep ... pt1/28.jpg</a><!-- m -->
There is NO WAY you can take him seriously. None. Slade, or any other respectable villian, would NEVER be caught DEAD looking like that or humilating themselves to such an extent. It's pathetic!! Blood's pathetic!
And then, his big plan at the end was to mentally control everybody and start an ultimate school of villians... If they're being controlled, and he has the power to controll such a large population, why the h. does he need to create a school?!? There's no point. Just take over the stupid city.
I just hated how he portrayed and saw season three as a big let down compared to the other two seasons.
However, so far, season four has been good and this Saturday's episode looks like it'll give Haunted a run for it's money. So I'm content.

Messages In This Thread