Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen Titans
Wow. The conversation sured did take a left turn somewhere. I was complaining about Blood and now we're talking about religion and cartoons. Well, when in Rome.
Again, I'm going to have to disagree. while I do believe that a cartoon show has no right or authority to preach religious morals or try and convert the masses that watch it, as I've stated before, I think that you can have good episodes that revolve around religion or faith. Again, the X-Men cartoon had the Nightcrawler episode which was faith orianted and was very good. The Justice League had a faith based episode with Grundy that was very touching. Just because religion is a touchy subject, doesn't mean it should be avoided. They teach good morals that can be displayed properly and well in our T.V. shows.
Also, and this is just me, but I HATE the age arguement. Just because a T.V. show is 'aimed' at a young audience does not mean the show has to stupidfy itself, dumb itself down to incrediblely low levels of intellegence. I do not believe Teen Titans, or the Justice League, or Spider-Man, or X-Men, or Batman, or Batman Beyond were aimed at 8 -10 year olds. While yes, content such as swearing and blood are toned down so it can be viewed by them, that doesn't automatically make them the only people watching the show. If they were, the shows would not have to work so hard at making their plots and characters true to those of the comics. Continuity and respect for the characters would not be as big as a priority if that were the 'aimed' age group. These guys are aiming at the fans of the heroes, fans of ALL ages, not just kids. They make the shows as true to the characters to appease the fans who have followed these ideals for many years. You can have a young audience and still use touchy subjects and have good and interesting stories without having to dumb the show down to a kindergarden level. Our superhero shows have proven this over and over again.
So, in short, just cause kids are watching, doesn't mean creators can't use religion or other subjects to write good stories. Young audience does NOT equal dumbing down the show.
Now, back to my original point, countering Truth's statement. The reason I compare Blood to Slade so much is becuase he's suppossed to be like him. Blood as modelled to be ANOTHER Slade for a different Titan. Blood was made to be the Slade for Cyborg, and he failed in filling those shoes. Slade got personal with Robin, Blood with Cyborg. Robing became Red X to spy on Slade. Cy became Stone to spy on Blood. Slade attacked Titans Tower with drones of robots. Blood did too. Slade used a Titan to set a trap for the rest of the team. Blood did too. Slade planned to take over the city with hordes of robots. Blood planned to mind control everyone and basically rule the city with mindless villains. See where I'm getting at? Only where Slade performed his tactics ingeniously, Blood acted like a complete idiot and humiliated himself on multiple levels. Even if he had not be meant to be another Slade, he's still a terrible villian and used poorly in the season. The way they portray him is pathetic, for reasons I've already stated before. So, again, Blood bad, season 3 let down, looking forward to season 4.

Messages In This Thread