Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen Titans
Spiderbob Wrote:The reason I compare Blood to Slade so much is becuase he's suppossed to be like him. Blood as modelled to be ANOTHER Slade for a different Titan. Blood was made to be the Slade for Cyborg, and he failed in filling those shoes. Slade got personal with Robin, Blood with Cyborg. Robing became Red X to spy on Slade. Cy became Stone to spy on Blood. Slade attacked Titans Tower with drones of robots. Blood did too. Slade used a Titan to set a trap for the rest of the team. Blood did too. Slade planned to take over the city with hordes of robots. Blood planned to mind control everyone and basically rule the city with mindless villains. See where I'm getting at? Only where Slade performed his tactics ingeniously, Blood acted like a complete idiot and humiliated himself on multiple levels. Even if he had not be meant to be another Slade, he's still a terrible villian and used poorly in the season.

See? There you go comparing him to Slade again.Smile I don't recall anyone ever saying that he was supposed to be ANOTHER Slade for a different Titan. Matter of fact, I honestly hadn't drawn that connection until you mentioned it. I've always seen him as another villain for another Titan, but never another Slade. Again, I can see where it is you're coming from and you're right, they are very similar in some regards, but like you I'm going to have to stick by my guns.

After all, Cy's come across Blood on what? Two occasions? And on already he's gained the victory. In comparing him with Slade, Robin had to go up against him nearly every week and never pulled out a victory. Foil his plans maybe...but never actually beat the man. I think Blood was simply meant to be another stand in villain in the same vein as Plasmus, Cinderblock, and Control Freak. One of those guys who shows up every once in a while to annoy you, but not some type of major threat you had to deal with an entire season.

Blood has cross paths with the Titans twice and has been on Cyborg's case both times. Control Freak has cross their paths twice and each time Beast Boy was a deciding factor. These character may have been implemented to become a specific Titan's arch-nemisis, but it doesn't mean that's his or her Slade. Look at Starfire and Blackfire. Nothing Slade-like there. I think the show is trying trying to create an appropriate counterpart to each Titan. So Rob gets his Slade, who's just as skilled, intelligent, and determined as he is....but you know. Evil. Beast Boy gets Control Freak, who watches just as much TV, is just as geeky as him, and who loves all the same shows. Star gets Blackfire who has all the same powers, but much different ambitions and morals. Raven so far seems to be without, though Mumbo Jumbo looks to be a contender of Trigon doesn't take his spot. And Cyborg gets Brother Blood.

And keep in mind we've only had limited exposure to him. The first couple of TT episodes made me believe Slade was overly cliche'd and much to "kiddy". He wasn't quite the badass I remember him to be. But the more I saw of him and the more he was explored, the more I understood until I finally came around. Oh. And on a little side note....I don't particularly care for Blood either, and I'm only defending him because you seem bent on comparing him to my boy Slade. Which I don't like so...Tongue

(J/K. I think Blood's an ok character...though someone like him Could have been pulled off a wee bit better.)

Messages In This Thread