Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Watch - Out of Character Thread
Ok, I guess this needs some GM clarification. You are right that it did not specifically say that the two came into direct contact. Although the room, doorway and hall are fairly small, so the team was never that far from each other anyway. That was my fault for not describing the surroundings very well.

When things are left vague, they are open to interpretation. You may have thought the room was fairly large, and other players may have thought it was close quarters. That's my fault for not being specific. Same thing with the Paige/Rogue proximity. As you never really stated where Rogue was standing, it was left open to interpretation. In the future, we should all try to be as specific in our posts as possible. I could have said that "the room was small and cramped,” and you could have said that "Rogue made sure none of her teammates were in the line of fire as she flamed on" before she burst into flames. Like all things written, especially on the internet, it is left open to interpretation. Sometimes wires get crossed, and for that I am sorry.

As for Rogue being the bad guy, I don't think that's the case at all. In fact, I think Paige comes out looking much more like the bad guy for letting her anger and emotional unease get the better of her and lashing out at a teammate.

In the end, everybody needs to remember that this is just a game. None of it is personal. If it was, I would be pissed at my own wife for having her character be so bitchy to all the other characters, and I would be pissed at Liz for having Paige hit Rogue. It's a character driven game, and as anybody who reads comics knows, comic book characters can be more than a little melodramatic. It's the nature of the beast, and we all just need to remember to stay in character and have fun with it. Because that's what it's all about!

The Mighty Thor

Messages In This Thread