Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Watch - Out of Character Thread
Ok, this is an open letter to each and every one of the players in The Watch. I wanted to let you know how happy I am with how the game is going so far. I think we have a great mix of characters, that are just brimming with potential. But, (you knew it was coming didn't you?) I think we can do better. I've been GMing written word RPG's for a while now, and I have seen many varied styles of play. These games are at their best when the players feel free to interact with one another. You guys can post as often as you like. Lately it seems as though you all have been making one post each and then waiting for my next post to move things along.

I want to remind you that you don't have to do it that way. If you want to have a little side conversation with one or two of your teammates while Frank is going off on his latest tirade, thats cool with me. If two of you want to trade 20 posts back and forth in the span of an hour one night, I don't care. As long as it furthers your character, or the game along in some way, you have alot of leeway in how you post. Because participating in these types of things is how you build your character. It is how you build friendships, rivalries or even love interests between your characters.

Now, this is not a mandate. I am not telling you that you have to post like this, because frankly, some of us don't have the time. But for those of you that do, please consider what I have said. Because trust me, this kind of game only gets better when you let your characters cut loose.

TMT

Messages In This Thread