Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On The Road To Nowhere: The Beginning
"As ye wish, M'Lady" said Liath simply as Tatyana declined the offer of food. "Despite mah earlier claim, it seems ah'm nae as hungry as ah first thought so ah'm sure there will be plenty left should ye feel different later." He turned his attention back to his own plate once more. He closed his eyes for a second, and began to softly recite a few words of thanks learned at his mother's heel. "Suath mi, a ghaoitilhean, le, naidheachd às gach àirde. Sìn orm. Suath mi, a ghrèine, do, shoilise teas mo chridhe. Sìn orm. Suath mi, a ghealaich, mo, leigheas na do ghilead. Sìn orm. Suath mi, a shiantan, ur, frasan ga mo nighe. Sìn orm. Tamh annam, sàmhchar." He wasn't necessarily one for excessive ritual, but he had always felt the need to thank the land which had provided for his sustenance. It was a small thing but it was the least he could do. Satisfied he had satiated whichever spirit may be listening he tucked into his meal, all the while his almost ethereal blue eyes watched his companions from the beneath his broad brow.

They seemed an agreeable band for the most part, personable without being too intrusive. This pleased him as he had not yet decided if he was willing to reveal that his terracota like skintone was not his natural color. Better for them to believe he was just naturally ruddy from his time spent in the open air. At Tatyana's suggestion they each take turns to tell a tale he started a little. It was actually a very smart way to learn about people, by the tales they told. "Ah'm nae sure any o' mah tales would be particularly entertaining but ye may be interested in those words ah spoke there." he said mopping up the stray juices with his slab of bread. Satisfied his plate was clean, he set it aside and looked around at the gathered members of the troupe, his eyes seeming to burn more brightly than the stars shone down upon them. "Mah people live closely with the land. We respect it and treasure what it can provide. We take only what we need from it. Nae more. Nae Less. It is kind tae they who treat it with respect, harsh tae they who do not. It is difficult tae translate the feeling behind the words intae something ye can understand but ah'll dae mah best. The closest thing tae a title it has is 'The Stone'." Liath looked around the troupe once more and recite the words once more, although this time so the others might understand. His deep voice washed over them, retaining it's melodic resonance as it danced over the words.

"stroke me, winds, with, news from each quarter: rest on me, stroke me, sun, your, light heats my heart: rest on me, stroke me, moon, my, health in your whiteness: rest on me, stroke me, elements, your, showers wash me clean: rest on me, peace in me,silence." As his words died Liath looked around at the others and smiled. "Just simple words mayhaps but they mean a lot tae me."
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread