Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On The Road To Nowhere: The Beginning
Matthias returned to the place where he had spoken with Tatyana and smiled to himself as he sat down The perfect place. As he closed his eyes, his mind slowly drifted away, but instead of concentrating on levitation, his mind went back to the night before he met his new travelling companions.

---
“It’s been a while.” Matthias looked startled as the voice spoke Is it really him? “Don’t bother turnin’ around, ye know who I am, and now you can get out of this place so I can sleep.” Darius would have been a fool if he didn’t expect Matthias to turn, and was now simply waiting for the inevitable. Matthias could only smile as he turned around “You didn’t really expect me to just leave, did ye?”
“Always was the hopeful one.”
“Yes, you were.”
“Haven’t met ye in a while now.”
“About a hundred years by my count.”
“Could say its been too long.”
“You could.”
“How have you been?”
“The usual, a bit of raping, thieving and murdering. Although I’ve cut it back to just killing these days. You?”
“Keep ‘em alive these days.” The banter between the two was fast and snappy.
“Soul too much of a burden for ye, aye?”
“Nay, it is a gift.” Darius eyes twinkled at this remark, knowing Matthias would probably never take him seriously, but if he would look close enough, he’d know.
“Ye can’t be bloody serious.”
“Heh. Bloody.”
“I’m not joking Darius.”
“Not joking either.”
“Look, the sun be setting in a about an hour. Let us just get done with this, and we’ll leave each other be again.”
“Want to tussle about a place to sleep? Guess the clan must have ‘refined’ your taste.”
“I left the clan.”
“I know.”
“You were that ‘ghost’ weren’t you?”
“What do you figure? So you’re not afraid about what they may do to you?”
“You haven’t been.”
“Well… let just get this done now, okay?”
---

Slowly, he opened his eyes and cautiously looked around. I could have sworn I heard something.

Messages In This Thread