Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Four-Reviews and Movie Info
(Changed the topic of the thread, thought it was more appropriate now)

Having just got back from seeing Fantastic Four, I'm now ready to write my review of the movie.
I've waited some time for this film and I've read all the reviews of it that have flown across Cinescape and Ain't It Cool News and watched my hopes get dashed and a ball of fear curl up in the pit of my stomach.

Having seen the movie, I think Harry Knowles is a worthless movie reviewer. Every comic book film this idiot has reviewed I've actually enjoyed. Every movie he's slammed I've loved, and every movie he's "Adored" I've thought was a steaming pile of cow manure.

My ranking of the comic films are as follows, granted most people don't agree with me, but this is my own affinity for the films.

Batman Begins
Daredevil
X-men 2
Batman
Spiderman 2
Spiderman
X-men

Now, where do I rank FF on that list. Between Daredevil and X-2. I enjoyed the movie, I found myself caught up in the film. I have a love for the source material, as FF has been my favorite comic for a long time now. I was able to get past them mucking up Dr. Doom and enjoyed it. I enjoyed it for what is...a film about the Fantastic Four. A comic book film. It was never meant to be Speilberg Oscar Material.
Everyone's review of Jessica Alba as Sue Storm has been horrible. I guess I must have been seeing a different film than those guys. I thought she did a great job. Granted, I would have like to have seen a few more years age difference between her and Johnny.

I thought it was a great film, I enjoyed it. And even my loathing for the treatment of Doom was able to be quelled.

Although at the end of the movie, I didn't catch myself in time... As the movie is ending I sat there with a look on my face of puzzlement and said very loudly...
"Wait a damn minute....Latveria's landlocked!"
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread