Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entering No Man's Land
I loved the fact that Batman finally had to admit that he couldn't do it alone.

First, he kicked everyone out, telling Robin and the rest of the Bat-fam to hit the bricks, then it got to the point where he had to play his enemies off one another, engaging in turf wars and pretty much becoming the DC equivilent of The Kingpin for Gotham city. Deciding who could what blocks and for how long and for what reason.

Then he had to let people like Lockdown and the KGBeast run Blackgate(sp?). Even for all his skill and determination he still had to look outside for help. And then when he put in the call for everyone to come back and help him take back Gotham.....nice.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again and anyone who's read a handful of my posts will know...I love it when an established character (or story) is taken and reinvented. Seeing Batman, Robin, Huntress (as Batgirl), the new Batgirl, Nightwing, and Azreal all going out and having to face what was in essence a city of criminals was fantasic. I was so used to Bats and crew always having the upper hand with their simple presense, that it kinda took me by surprise to see that the people of Gotham were now like "Oh look...it's that guy. Let's bash his head in with a brick."

And calling the GCPD the Blue Boys......heh.

Messages In This Thread