Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter One: The Watch
Matua had stood silent, slowly letting his gaze trace around his surrounds as the others spoke back and forth. The little man in the strange clothes had said something about the Blue Area of the Moon....but which moon? Where? Quietly his eyes drifted up to the heavenly lit sky as the walls and ceiling that had once surronded them faded away and left him standing seemingly exposed. The stars were all different. Every single one of them. There wasn't a single constellation that he recognized anywhere in sight, though in the past few months of his life that was a feeling he had unfortunately become more accustomed with.

And this new group he found himself with...who were they? Two of the females appeared to be human, and one had the coloring of a Saurian, but the fur of something that belied any trace of reptilian heirtage. And the other one...the other male who had remained silent all this time. What was he? Human? Atlantean? Some new species he was not yet privy to? The funny dressed human had claimed to be some sort of Sorcerer Supreme of Earth, which Matua suspected to be the small blue globe floating in the lunar sky. So that was it? From this distance it didn't look half as bad as some of his former companions had made it sound. But then again who was he to take the words of pirates and theives at face value.

He stared at the planet a for what seemed like ages before his mind finally came back to the moment, his sudden arrival into awareness alerting him to the fact that once again he seemed to be in a place where his mind was unclear and his thoughts unfocused. Even if the man was some sort of Sorceror and magic was possible here, would he have to learn his craft for a third time? Would he even be able to? And these things they said...they made no sense to him, while at the same time seeming to be common knowledge to almost everyone else. Had he once more been pulled from a place he knew to an entirely knew one?

Of course he had, he chastized himself, suddenly remembering the feirce battle in which he was engaging only moments before. Charon's favorite son, the Lawbringer Qztr, had come upon them on some jungle planet, raining death and destruction upon them as only he could. There had been a plan of sorts, Kaine calling the shots and leading the way. Evinlea had advanced.... There was a blast of light. No. Of energy. Coming straight for him. The sheild he had errected around himself and the Atlantean had failed. He could remember the heat upon his skin....

"Excuse me for my ignorance, and forgive my interruption....." he said as he laid a hand over his heart, his head bowed almost completely as he gazed intently at the ground. "...but would one be so kind as to tell me who you are? And if possible....what is going on?"

Messages In This Thread