Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter One: The Watch
”I watch the blue orb float peacefully before me, filled with immeasurable possibilities. I see all that transpires below me, and catalog what to some must seem the most trivial of details. Thus is the life of the Watchers, and that is the oath we swore. But I seek knowledge, and through the Sorcerer’s endeavors, I may finally be able to study more than I could possibly observe alone.”

Walking across the dusty, grey surface of the moon, Dr. Strange led his charges ahead toward an alien looking structure some ways from the Watcher’s citadel. As they made their way, the Sorcerer attempted to answer his companion’s questions. “The passing of time is actually quite similar in most realities that I have visited. Although I have been told of planes where time passes at different rates than you would be used to. I can understand the apprehension caused by being away from your homes for these extended periods of time, but it cannot be helped. If you decide to remain with The Watch, as one of my associates has taken to calling you, you will invariably loose time in your own reality. It would be unsafe to tamper with the time stream, especially in conjunction with our traversing reality.

“And if you do not wish to return to your home dimension Dr. Essex that is your choice. You will be free to spend your time wherever you wish when you are not under my watch...within reason of coarse.” As they walked, Dr. Strange noticed an increase in the magical aura around him and his companions. He smiled as he looked back over his shoulder and saw the skeptical Matua attempting to make contact with the mystical energies that flowed in and around him. It was obvious to the raven haired man that the large Ciressian was very skilled in the mystical arts. To be so far from anything familiar, and to still be able to tap the arcane, displayed great concentration and force of will. Somehow it set Stephen’s mind more at ease to know Matua was with the team.

As they neared the alien building, Dr. Strange commented to Tessa, “Yes Miss Niles, that is precisely why you were chosen to be a part of this group. Your unique abilities, as well as the abilities of your comrades, will be very useful to us.” And then, as if to explain who ‘us’ referred to, Stephen Strange swung open the doors to what used to be the Inhuman’s private gardens, revealing an eight-foot tall green Minotaur type creature, and two young humans. The male human was introduced as Barry West and the female was introduced using only the simple moniker, Rogue. Strange peered up at the green beast, but addressed him with a tone that could only be described as friendship, “It is wonderful to see you, Rintrah. Your teleportation incantations seem to be progressing nicely.” With a slightly jabbing inflection he added, “Or should I ask your passengers if my assessment of your spell work is correct?”

“No Doctor, I believe I delivered them here without incident,” the large, emerald furred alien replied in a soft, kind voice. “Well then that is good. I trust you informed them of their situation, and that Mister Wong is proceeding well with his appointed tasks?” It was not even so much a question since the Sorcerer knew that Rintrah wouldn’t have recruited two beings without an explanation, and that Wong was infallible in his duties. Dr. Strange then continued, “If you eight would excuse us for a moment, my apprentice and I need to speak in private. Please, make yourselves comfortable and try to become better acquainted.” With that, Strange and the green Minotaur called Rintrah excused themselves to a small antechamber, leaving The Watch alone for the first time since they had appeared on the moon.

Messages In This Thread