Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter One: The Watch
Matua had long ago strayed from the rest of the group and made his way back into the chamber he had found himself in when this had all began. Gazing upwards towards the heavens, he let his eyes fall upon Uatu, drawing in slow, deep breaths as he struggled for the words he wished to say. The mere thought of what he was about to do filled him with abject terror, and at the same time broke his heart. How could he hold true to his morals and principles in a situation like this? When it seemed that no matter what his choice was, he'd be betraying someone's trust. Letting them down. But he had to follow what his heart dictated, for even if he couldn't stay true to his principles, he could stay true to himself.

"I am unsure if you can hear me or not, but I fear that I must say what I have come to you to say. I am deeply honored and grateful for the opportunity you have given me, and nothing would fill my soul with more joy than to help you in a quest that is so familiar to my own. However you have pulled me from my friends at a most deplorable time. I need you to send me back....."

He waited for a moment to see if his words would garner any sort of responce, knowing that up until this point it had been the Doctor who'd been doing all the talking.

"I solemnly promise to return to you when you may need me, but my friends..."

There was a moment of hesitation as thoughts of what they might be going thru in that instant passed through his head, almost bringing a tear to his eye.

".....my friends are fighting for their lives, and the lives of everyone they love. I cannot abandon them in this, one of their most desperate hours. So I beg of you please.....please allow me passage back to where I was before, so that I may continue the struggle alongside my people. At least until I can be sure that they will not need me outright."

He hung his head a bit after his request, hoping and praying to the gods that his plea would not go unanswered.

Messages In This Thread