Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter One: The Watch
After regaining her composure, Rogue started to speak. "I need to apologize to all of you. My powers aren't usually this out of control. It happens when I am under a lot of stress and have little to no support. And I do feel that y'all need to know what happened. In my reality it shook the world.

"About four years ago I was a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, led by Mystique. That is the first thing that I'm not proud of. With the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants I got into a rather difficult battle with the Fantastic Four. In an event that no one can explain, I permanently absorbed the powers of the Fantastic Four and killed all four. When I absorb powers, I also absorb memories, so I also have all of their memories. Everything they ever felt, or thought, or expressed. In my reality, the world was shocked, and I was virtually cast out of the mutant society.”

Waiting for her words to make their impact, she paused. Collecting her thoughts she continued. “After leaving the Brotherhood, Professor Xavier came to me. He offered me a safe haven in the confines of the X-Mansion. He said that no one would hurt me there, and that I would be okay. But it wasn’t okay. The members of the X-Men shunned me and cowered in fear when I was near. They didn’t say it, but I knew they were afraid I would steal their powers too. Professor Xavier worked with me. He worked through psychological therapy with me so I could separate the four other minds I had living in my head. For a while it worked. I was also working on controlling these four new powers on top of my own. That was the most difficult task. I have the basics down, but I am still working on the fancy stuff. While all of this was going on, the tension in the Mansion was growing worse and worse. Against Professor Xavier’s advice, I decided to leave the Mansion. That’s when I was found and offered up this position.”

Holding up her hand to explain that she wasn’t finished, she looked down and took a deep breath in. Bringing her head back up and scanning the group she continued. “Mutants, my own kind treated me like a disease. Mystique, the woman who was like my mother cowered from me and cast me out. Do any of you know how that feels? In four years, I had one friend. Professor Xavier befriended me when no one else would, and I had to leave him because of uprising in the X-Mansion. Can you honestly tell me that you wouldn’t have responded the same way I did in a group of unfamiliar people? After the abuse I have taken for something that was out of my control, it is very hard to just blindly trust someone.

Messages In This Thread