Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter One: The Watch
Tessa turned to Hank, “Would you rather stay here, or would you rather be with ‘Toria?” She projected, sensing something was definitely wrong with the fellow telepath, “My intuition is saying Phoenix trouble, and I don’t know who is more suited to handle a situation such as that.” She brushed hair from in front of her eyes, her face still the mask of neutrality as she mulled over what to say to this woman standing in front of them in such an unstable state.
“We can assist you in your troubles, if you yourself want the assistance. Though you will not get coddling of any sort, as harsh as Victoria might have sounded she is correct.” Tessa was torn in trying to reason with Rogue and trying to calculate what the Phoenix might be doing to her friend, if it was in fact the Phoenix troubling the white-haired telepath.
“Many of us are not proud of our past contraventions, but to dwell upon it is to keep it alive and vibrant.” Tessa thought briefly of her own past, “You seem to have heinous memories, but you also seem to assume that everybody would react to those memories in the same manner. Do not assume others are like you, or that others have suffered less; perhaps their suffering was not something they brought upon themselves, but it is still there nevertheless.”

Her dark eyes were hidden behind the specs as she took in the rest of the group slowly, thinking of how to phrase this best, so as not to insight more of a riot.
“I have an entire corner in my mind dedicated to the abominations in my short life, they are locked behind walls and rarely accessed but they are there. Some are recent,” She paused remembering her first mission and how Doom’s mind had felt when she and Victoria had ventured inside, “Some are not.” Her mind flickered briefly to the look on her brother’s faces before they died, “Either way to dwell upon is to show a weakness that cannot be afforded in a situation such as this. Many of us, including Victoria have learned that that hard way. The veterans, such as we are have seen enough angst and unstable emotions to have our fill of it until the end of time.” She brought the specs from her eyes; they were cold looking, matching the expression on her face.
“We aren’t shunning you, do not think that, what were are doing is making it entirely clear that we cannot bend to you when you fall to pieces.” Done with her speech, Tessa’s mind went entirely to Victoria.
“’Toria?” She projected tentatively.
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread