Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter One: The Watch
Hank thought over Norrin's question, bearing in mind what Stephen had told them about his amnesia. "You may be a mutant. There are some tests I can do to confirm that one way or another." said Hank, as he squeezed his arm around 'Toria. "Rest Easy Hon." he thought. "As for Mutants. Quite often their mutation is limited to their physical appearance, the vast majority of mutations are almost insignificant enough for the individual to pass as base line human. In a small, but evidently inceasing, number of cases the mutation brings with it an extraordinary gift or ability. My ability was enhanced strength and agility. I didn't always look this way. That came later." Hank looked down at 'Toria. "I think I need to show him what I mean. Brace yourself." he thought and then closed his eyes for a second or two, concentrating on relaxing his hold on his body's metabolism. As he did so his body began to shrink, the muscles folding in on themselves around bones which seemed to run fluid for a brief moment as they shrank and reformed into their non gamma irradiated form. Hank looked around with an almost sheepish smile, knowing his transformation could be disconcerting to those watching.

"As you can see I have picked up a few other tricks along the way." he said "Some by accident. And some by design". Hank gave 'Toria a squeeze. He had wanted to save revealing the image inducer for her, but time had just got away from them again as it was wont to do. He activated the device, which shimmered into life, replacing his verdant green fur with the image of Hank McCoy, biochemist, complete with oversized hands and feet. "This is what I originally looked like. But it's not who I am now. It's just an illusion." he said after a few moments, deactivating the image inducer . "This is who I am. For better or worse. Although sometimes passing as visibly human has it's advantages. Especially in this job. "
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread