Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter One: The Watch
Hank’s words were barely registering to her as she tried to relax and let the headache subside. Which it did, rather quickly and without the usual nosebleeds that had always accompanied it.
“Before Scott…” the thought raced unabidden across her mind.
Opening her eyes, she watched Hank with a bit of pride as he “showed off”. But it was when the image inducer flicked on and his appearance changed, that her eyes widened and she jumped, just slightly. It was a feeling of complete unease that washed over her…she couldn’t place her finger on it. Maybe it was the fact that Kurt had always used his image inducer to play tricks on her at home. Like turning it on and peeking through her bedroom window looking like Gambit, and causing her to scream so loud that Piotr knocked the door off its hinges…again.
But it was still Hank…behind the illusion it was still fuzzy green Chewbacca under there.
“I like the fur…it suits you.” Victoria looked off to one side as they waited for Dr. Strange to take them where ever it was they were going. She was still marveling over the fact that they were on the moon. And maybe she was a newbie at this, but they were on the MOON! Was she the only person on the team who had never set foot off of the big blue ball???
“Mutants, Meta-humans, they have a name for us no matter where we are or what we are doing. Some call us gifted, others call us a plague. Me, I rather like to think of us as God’s little private joke. Kinda like the duckbilled platypus.”
“The first time you use that thing in the bedroom McCoy, I swear to god, I’ll morph into Kyle on you!”
Kicking at the ground as she thought it, her eyes on her bare feet. Unlike some of them, Victoria had been wearing sweatshorts and a purple babydoll T-shirt when Dr. Strange had ported them.
“I wonder if there’s a Macy’s around here?” She smiled at Tessa and Paige as she looked up innocently, shooting the thought to both of them.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread