Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once an Invader
I think you know how much we disagree on Chuck Austen as a writer, Enchantress. If I didn't have a gig doing reviews of Avengers currently I readily admit I would NOT be buying the book, even to complete my collection.

I'm looking forward to Brian Michael Bendis on the new reboot , even if his admitted job is 'to destroy the Avengers.' Honestly at this point, I would welcome Rob Liefield back.

On topic, I really feel that the behavior of Captain America, Hawkeye, the Wasp and Hank Pym are way off base compared to their characterization of the last forty years.

Captain Britain II was supposed to be, according to Austen himself, the new member that readers could identify with. identify with? I want to slap this woman! And please, I'm being metaphorical, no Pym jokes. The new Captain Britain is so unlikable I have no idea what he was thinking. Perhaps it's a nod to how he really feels about the readers.

I'm also not pleased with these 'new' Invaders. Why use the name if their mission, their membership and especially their attitude is so diametrically opposed to the original?

Sigh. The Austenverse Avengers will soon be over though. Perhaps there's something better on the horizon.

And Enchantress, and anyone else out there who likes Austen, this isn't meant as a shot at you. Austen CAN actually write, it's just his mischaracterizations of established characters and continuity that has this old fan upset.

I have to stop now before I have a stroke.

Glenn Walker

Messages In This Thread