Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once an Invader
Glenn, it's ok.
See, my point is... It's NOT SUPPOSED to be the exact same characterizations they've used for the past 40 years. Think about it for a minute. Do you think you are the same person now that you were 20 years ago? 5 years ago? 1 year ago? I'm all about characters evolving and personally, I see Austen doing that with the Avengers...and it's about damn time too! No one wants to read about a character having the exact same problems, the same personality flaws, the same relationships for 40 years on end. It gets boring. Which personally, is what I thought about the last run on Avengers.
I'm not saying Chuck Austen is a Mark Waid by any standards, but what I am saying is that I have enjoyed his run on Avengers.
And yes, I can identify with Captain Britian II. Ever had something ripped out of your life you want it back so bad you lash out at anyone and everything? That's exactly what Kelsey is doing. It's almost heartbreaking to read the book and see the woman have to stand by and watch her kids mourn her death and not be able to take them into her arms and comfort them and tell them the truth.
Yes, I think the readers CAN identify with personal loss and tragedy.
And no, I don't have 30+ years or anything near of Avengers reading. I don't claim to be an know it all when it comes to Earth's Mightiest. All I am is a fan who's really been enjoying the twist that Chuck Austen has given it. I might be the only fan enjoying it, but hey...if one person enjoys it, then he's done his job.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread