Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite comic right now, and why?
My favorite book right now is Daredevil. It has been so good for so long that I can't even believe it. When Kevin Smith and Joe Quesada revived the horned one, I thought that would be the pinnacle of Daredevil's greatness, and that no one would be able to trump what they had accomplished on the book.

But when Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev took over the book, they took it to a whole other level. They made it into street level story with incredible depth and amazingly gritty characters. They took Matt Murdock to the breaking point and threatened to leave him there. You know when your main character has slipped so far that an intervention by some of the biggest names in Marvel Comics is necessary, your hero is in real trouble. The book takes no prisoners and accepts the consequences of its actions. Everything that happens in Daredevil seems just that much more real than almost anything else in comics. I am enjoying alot of what I am reading these days, but Daredevil is far and away the best of the bunch for me.

Messages In This Thread