Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avengers: Disassembled
Yes, I too shall send out salutations to Rhadsody's Scream.

I've been hiding in my own little corner ever since reading this story, because I too wanted to avoid being pelted with heavy objects. But since my esteemed brother had the guts to stand up, I will join him in saying that I didn't completely hate the Disassembled storyline either. Did I hate many of the things that came out of said story? Yes, absolutely I did. But as a whole I think the basic plot was a solid one. However it would have been better if they had strung it out over double the amount of issues that they did, instead of cramming such a huge cataclysmic story into only four books.

It was like Bendis tore apart the team for nothing but shock value and then wrote #503 as a way to explain the things he had tore down. But, with next summer's "House of M" storyline and the New Avengers title, I do feel like I should wait this out. Maybe I will kick myself for wasting time and money on 6 more months of Bendis' Avengers, but I just have to know first hand where the man is taking us. Disassembled left me with too many questions to just walk away now.

And while I do not HATE Wolverine, I do agree that he has no place with the Avengers. I don't mind Spider-man as much, but the furry Canuck should stick to any 4 of the other books that he headlines each month. Its almost as if Marvel is perpetrating some huge joke on the fans, seeing how many titles they can throw Wolverine into until the fans catch on. Well, let me be the first to say, "I'm on to your antics Marvel! So you can feel free to stop the shenanigans any time now."

Shenanigans! Shenanigans I say!!!

Messages In This Thread