Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott and Emma
I love it. I love it I love it I love it I love it!!!

I honestly do. I mean, I truely cannot think of a better X couple at this moment. I seriously can't. I know many traditionalist will say that it's a slap in the fact to the whole Scott/Jean endless love thing that's been a staple of the books for so many years....and to that I say GOOD!! I don't like Scott and Jean together. Never have. Probably never will. As far as I'm concerned Scott should have left her years ago, and In his own way, perhaps he did.

It honestly came to the point where I felt the characters were just going through the motions as it were. Staying together just for the sake of staying together. Because that's what people expected of them and they had to be leaders and role models. Like a loveless marriage that carries on for years and years just for the sake of the kids. Over the years I've seen Scott put so much into the relationship and sacrifice so much that it makes me wonder why he's never killed Wolverine outright or brought the hammer down and told Jeanie that if she so much as eyeballed ol' dog face again that he'd be done with her forever. It's like for years and years he's been her, being Jean's, little lapdog and now that he's finally free of the leash he's reveling in it.

And I know people will say, "Put people don't just change like that. You don't go from loving someone to not loving them overnight." And that is true. But in my opinion, as I've already stated, I think his love for her had been dying for a long long time. Since long before Emma even came onto the scence. I think deep down, way down where it really counts, that Scott, who has always been a staunch supporter of Xavier's dreams, has felt that the prof's methods were completely wrong. I think he was simply sacrificing his own will for the cause of a greater good. But now that several of the anchors that were previously there have been removed he's finally free to try to do things differently.

Was kissing Emma on Jean's grave wrong of him? Perhaps. Personally I loved the image, and I think it well symbolizes the image and Ideals of this new direction of X-Men.

You can't let your Morals stand in the way of your Morality, and sometimes to get the job done.....hard choices need to me made, and harder actions undertaken.

Messages In This Thread