Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
"Yes Dr. I think we should evacuate this vicinity with alacrity.." Hank didn't get to finish his answer as he watched the Kid flash away from them out into the city. "I would surmise he hasn't yet learned that not everything can be handled by just doing it at super speed." he thought to himself, the impatient nature reminding him another speedster he knew. "If he ever takes the time, perhaps one day he will learn to take the time.." Hank shook his head, turning to the rest of the team. Hank waved to Spider and 'Toria."Take Care! Make sure the Kid doesn't get into too much trouble." he thought after 'Toria as Spider swept her up into the night sky over the park wall and into the city. "Three down..." Hank's face became even more serious at that thought. "Note to self. Build more communicators!"

Turning back to the remainder of the team once more, Hank took stock. Other than Norrin, the rest of them should be able to blend in with New York city life. Hank looked down at his tanned hands for a few seconds, then back up at Tessa as she spoke. "Hmm? Yes. This reality's Sorceror Supreme might not be Dr Strange, but without more information the most sensible course of action is to go with what we can surmise. We should go.. but.." He looked at Norrin again, then down at his hands, then back at Norrin. Coming to a decision, Hank reached into his jacket and deactivated his image inducer, detaching it from where it rested on his chest. His features dissolved once more into the ones most of the team were familiar with. "I can alter this costume to further hide my features." As he spoke the unstable molecules of his sleeves flowed down over his fingers, forming slowly into black leather gloves. "If I keep the hood up on my jacket people shouldn't give me a second look, and if they do you can confuse them, can't you Tessa?" Hank looked at her for a few seconds, then turned to Norrin.

"Here, I think you can make better use of this than me." Hank said as his clawed fingers tapped on a couple of almost invisible buttons on the face of the device. "Don't worry. It won't hurt. It runs on the body's own electrical field." he continued as he pressed the device onto Norrin's chest. "I don't know if it will work with your physiology and it's currently set to project the image of Hank McCoy, but as 'Toria won't always be in range to keep an illusion going it could be the only way to get you through the city unmolested." Reaching out a clawed finger towards his silver companion, Hank activated the Inducer once more and stepped back to see if it would work. "I have adjusted it so that if you keep hold of that surfboard of yours, people should just think you are carrying a guitar." Hank crossed two large fingers behind his back and waited to see if the Surfer's alien physiology would be similar enough to power the device.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread