Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Victoria held on to Spider-Man a little tighter as he swung them down 8th Avenue in Barry's direction. Even when they dropped lightly to the ground, she was still holding on for a moment.
"Oh..err..sorry." she blushed just a bit and took a step back.
It was a keen eye that scoured the area as they had she and the Spider had glided through the city. Something was up, and she let a little sigh of relief out that they weren't in her reality.
MSG looked like a virtual shell of itself. Not the grand arena she had sat out side of for two day with Felicia and Peter trying to get concert tickets.
"Well, it was pretty much established by the green minotaur guy that something was "wrong" with this reality. Otherwise, we would not be here. It's pretty basic observational studies. You listen with the big guy talks, he gives you a good idea what you're going in to while being vague and mysterious, you jump in feet first and fend off all the crap they don't want here." Victoria said nonchallantly at Rogue's line of speech. Turning to Barry, she smiled at him.
"I like you kid, I like you alot, but if you call him anything but Hank, Beast or Dr. McCoy again, I'll let him loose on you and you can play pick up the pieces later. Got me? Good. Now, seeing as I never met Dr. Strange in all my time in the Village back home, and Hank worked with the man, I feel it's only pretty damned obvious who's going to know where he lives. Unless someone else in this group happened to be his houseboy. So instead of streaking off blind eye and waiting for the pro's here to come swinging in to save your ass, next time, wait." Turning away from Barry, she looked directly at Hank.
"Now Dr. I assume we'll be needing your acute sense of smell to lead us to the great Dr.'s abode. Since that's our only lead at this point, unless some of the rest of you have any other bright ideas, you can quit with the "but what ifs?" They aren't getting us anywhere and when you doubt yourself, you put the rest of us in peril. And as much as I like all of you..."Victoria looked over her shoulder at the new recruits..."and trust me, I do... it's not my desire now, or tomorrow to wind up street pizza because someone pissed off some higher power. Now, shall we?"
Stuffing her hands in the pockets of her pants as she made her way the short distance to Dr. Strange's abode, Victoria was easily able to pick up the mental picture in Hank's mind of Dr. Strange's place in his reality. Finding here however should prove interesting. She knew, just from her short time with the good Dr., that he'd have all sorts of tricks up his sleeves.
But something else was on her mind right now, and try as she might, she couldn't quit thinking about it. Maybe it was just frustration at the entire situation, but in the end, it all boiled down to the fact that she had been lied to. And everything from that point on in her life, had been based on that lie. Just like what had happened with Sinister, she now saw the Timebroker as no better than her own twisted father. Everything she had done was all a direct effect of thinking she'd never be able to return home.
"And now? What happens from here?"
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread