Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
She stood tranfixed at the sight before them. Even as he began to speak, Victoria knew the voice entirely too well and icy fear began to wash through her veins.
But her eyes did not leave him, she stood stoic as he grabbed Barry and bared his teeth to them.
"Oh, so we're going to have to play this game? Trust me, go ahead, take all you want, but you may not like the taste of it. Let the kid go, he's young and impetuous. From my studies in genetics I've learned that blood is like a fine wine, it grows better with age. And seeing as how I'm the oldest person in this room. Come and get it." her voice was carried a tone of submission, yet the chill in her words was apparent.
Victoria had an ace up her sleeve though. An accelerated healing factor may not fight off a vampiric bite, but the Phoenix most certainly would, and if it failed, who knew exactly what lie in Victoria's bloodstream? Atlantis had proven to them all that Sinister had installed plenty of booby traps should anyone try to tamper with his perfection.
"I'm going to say this one more time...Back out of the *&^damned room already."
Her eyes stayed locked on the Red Death, gauging each of his movements very carefully. She could sense the emotions and thoughts around her, but blocked them all out. Concentration was the key to beating him at his own game...and she intended to win.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread