Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Victoria stood at one of the windows playing sentry. Her eyes watching the empty streets for any sign of movement.
Rogue's little speech had done nothing to calm Victoria's anger and the girl had been lucky Victoria had other things on her mind at the moment than petty speeches from rookies.
Her mind was a million miles and another reality away. Slowly as her anger began to ebb, she looked down briefly to see the pinkish aura around her hands and shook her head.
Tessa's mental shout had went straight past her. But she did hear them all talking upstairs and dismissed it for the time being.
It was a somewhat familiar voice that brought her out of her thought as she looked up to where it's owner was perched on the wall.
"Good job up there Spider...I...I'm just frustrated, that's all. I mean, Rogue could have killed Paige. Did she not see her walking right past her and out the door when she decided to become all firey glow? All I'm trying to do is keep people alive. I can't lose anyone else." she paused for a moment and looked back out the window, her expression a somber one.
"It hurts too badly." Victoria blinked hard a few times, determined not to let this situation get the best of her.
Turning her head back towards Spider-Man, she looked at him curiously for a moment. As if trying to decide whether or not to say anything else.
"I think I'm just ready for a nice long vacation from this hero business. I can't wait to go home and see my parents..." she paused again and smiled, turning to gaze out the window again."My real parents, not Sinister....and Peter. More than anything...I just miss him. He was the only person who ever understood me and accepted me for what I really was."
"I went through a whole stage of grief and loss after I thought my reality was destroyed, only to find out it was all a big lie. There is something to go back for...and maybe, deep down, I'm just a little angry that these new people haven't had to face that sort of pain." Again, her gaze turned to his mask.
"Not that I would want them to, but seriously, why us? Why did we have to go through all that? I'm not bemoaning my fate, and please don't think I am, Spider..." she stopped, closed her eyes and gathered her thoughts. Opening those deep brown eyes again, she tilted her head and smiled.
"Do you ever take that thing off?"
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread