Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Norrin had been in a daze during the whole tussle with the Daredevil vampire. He had never before seen anything like that. He had become paralyzed with fear for a short while. I felt completely helpless. I wasn't able to do anything to help, and Barry nearly payed the ultimate price. He is an impetuous youth, and keeps getting HIMSELF into these situations, but I should have done something to help. Instead I just stood there and froze. Norrin walked over to Rouge and offered her a hand to get up off the floor. "Are you all right? That was a pretty good punch you took there. You look a little shaken." Surfer aided the young woman up off the floor, and in order to not show favoritism, walked over to where Paige was on the floor and aided her up as well. "Now, you two play nice, or you won't get any dessert. We're not going to get anywhere if we can't work out our own differences. Paige, I don't believe Rogue noticed you when she flamed on. Victoria had dismissed you from the room, and she was only trying to assist in fighting the villain in any way possible. From what I've observed so far, she is just a frightened girl who is trying to find her place in this world as well as on this team. Kind of like myself...except for that part about being a girl. I believe that had she seen you, she would have made sure you were clear of any danger before she acted. I know I'm a rookie too, but I am trying my best to find my stride. I believe all of us are different shades of disoriented at the moment. As far as the rookies go, we need to listen to what the Veterans have to say. We don't know exactly what we're doing right now. Me especially. I don't have a clue as to where my place in this team is, but I'm trying. We're ALL trying. Tessa, since you obviously have experience handling challenging situations, what do you suggest?"

When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread