Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Victoria listened silently as Spider-Man spoke, turning from him to look out what was left of the window.
One hand raised up to run through her long white hair as he tried to put things in perspective for her.
"I don't plan on staying mad forever, but I think I'm entitled to a little anger." She glanced at him from the corner of her eye, the expression on her face was stoic.
"I think I'm entitled to be more than a little pissed off about things right now. Anyone who has been through the things I have for the past year would have some anger issues. I'm dealing with them the best I can. But when you've got a cosmic entity chained up inside you feeding off all those feelings, it's rather hard not to go off sometimes." her hand was still twined in her hair, gathering it at the nape of her neck as she sighed deeply.
"Close? Have you been sleeping lately Spider? Tessa and I have a working relationship, and yeah, I guess maybe we are close, Hank... I don't know. Things have been weird lately. I mean, ever since we found out, about...well, you know..." she paused and turned to look at him for a moment, searching the mask for something...anything. Finally she took a deep breath, let it out slowly and turned back to the window.
"Not to tell you too much, and I don't know why I'm telling you this at all... but Hank hasn't much more than held my hand since we found out what Sinister did to me. He's been real distant. I just don't know what to think." turning away from the window, she let herself slide down against the wall and sit on the floor, looking down at the dust motes.
"Why am I even telling you this...I don't know...I've gotten more affection out of Deadpool than Hank. It just...it's like I'm unclean or something, or the thrill of the experiment has died and withered because now he knows the horrible truth." Victoria's expression was so blank, only the slightest hint of pain showed in it. Looking up at Spider-Man, she shook her head.
"I don't know...maybe I'd just be better off going home and dealing with things on my own for a while. Maybe we all just need some space from one another." her voice was soft as she stood up and dusted off her pants.
She actually preferred to end the conversation. Everything that was whirling around in her mind was just more food for the Phoenix's fires. Even though the entity had been eeriely silent since Dr. Strange had playing with it.
"I bet Tessa's been trying like mad to talk to me...So we should go see what's going on."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread